Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

clueless about sunbeds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone every suffered from prickly heat as a result of using the sunbed :confused:

I regularly use the sunbed, about 8 minutes twice a week, but when I went on Tuesday I came off with really bad prickly heat & i mean very very itchy red ptaches that look like little blisters.

I think it may be coz i might have got bunburned a few days before & so my skin did not have time to recover. Im now REALLY scared and worried about this pirckly heat ?? Has anyone else suffered it. I think I have learnt my lesson to get a spray tan instead of sunbedding in future.

Help :crying: :crying:

Comments

• Options
    dead thread - its best not to bring up old thread, just start your own.

as for the prickly heat, go and get some aloe vera gel from chemist or supermarket, its good stuff! :yes:
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Indeed, I have split the thread from the old one, so this can be answered seperately.
  • Options
    To be honest you shouldn't really have gone on if you'd got burnt a couple of days before. If the skins sore previous to sunbedding it, then as you've found it's going to be very sore afterwards :( Feel sympathy for you though as i get sun dermatitis and it hurts just like prickly heat. I reckon nicebutdim's got the right idea as the chemists will probably just provide you with some Anti-histamines to stop the itching and some nurofen to stop the swelling. But def. try to stay out of the sun and try not to do anything that's going to get you sweated up or anything as this will irritate it further.