Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Inadequacy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
WHilst i am officially single, i started seeing a guy. I think we may be heading for a relationship as it doesnt seem to be about sex. Only thing is, he's a good looking guy, and as i learn more about his past experiences, girlfriends etc im feeling more and more inadequate. I imagine them all being slim and gorgeous and i'm not, i have stretchmarks all over my belly and its saggy, part babybelly and partly due to weightloss(5 stone). Now im a size 12-14 but i imagine his ex's as perfect 10's. I also found out he used to sleep with a woman in his 30's, Ifeel like im sh*t compared to what he is used to. He knows im in the process of losing weight and trying to tone up and so whilst hes supportive without pressurising, i worry hes only seeing me coz he thinks i will get a nice figure eventually. However when i insist on staying covered up and hiding under the duvet he does ask 'whats the matter with ya?!'

hes not a nob by any stretch of the imagination, he hasnt said anything nasty or blunt, i just feel inadequate :(

go on make me feel better hehe x

Comments

• Options
    Yep, he probably looked at you and though "hmmm, think I will slum it". I know it is the old cliche and cheesy as hell, but he chose you so he must like how you look.
  • Options
    If he didnt like you, would he be spending so much time with you??
    And all these other girls are in the past, maybe hes not into perfect ten?!
    He obviously attracted to you and paying no attention to what you think are bad things!!
    Just be happy that you are spending time with him, stop worrying about how you look!
  • Options
    he likes you. he's seeing/with you. not them. forget about them, it's you he likes. seriously. you'll have to stop thinking like this else you'll risk driving him away.
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else. The reason he is dating you now and not those previous girls must be because he likes your qualities more.
  • Options
    you dont even know what his past girlfriends looked like...

and besides, looks are nothing compared to personality. Whats the point in dating a size 8/10 with the personality of a brick?