Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Being realistic!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, I'll start from the top. About 6 months ago I met a girl through a friend. From the minute I saw her, I fancied her to death. The more we spoke, the more I fancied her. She was fantastic in every way. Nothing happened, and after about a month, I decided nothing was gonna happen (had no way of contacting her etc... and she was living with her fella), so decided to put her to the back of my mind.
Anyway, about 2 months ago, i saw her again. We spent all night talking again, got on so well, all the feelings came back. She's great. Again nowt happened, but I was told that she had the hots for me big time. I was well chuffed, but she is still living with fella, so about a month ago, decided again to forget about her.
Well, she was out this weekend. Again we spent all night talking, having a dance, a laugh etc... BUT this time stuff happened. She made all the moves, and I clearly couldn't resist. Anyway, after an awesome night, I was well happy. I have her number and she has mine, BUT she still lives with her fella. I'm trying to be realistic about things and keep telling myself nothing is gonna come of it, BUT I really want her. More than i've wanted anybody ever. I aint into chasing as such, but i really can't get her out of my head (this has never happened to me before, I'm always the one that people fall for). So, should I say something now, or should I let it rest and see how I feel in a month or so...and if it's meant to happen, it'll happen... Advice please.

Comments

• Options
    Well realistically, try and do the forgetting her thing AGAIn but its seems she has a habit of coming back to you.
    When this happens, think you gonna have to break the cycle, but either not giving her the opportunity to let anything happen, or tell her you havent stopped thinkin about her and wished she was single etc and see her reaction...
    Always want what you cant have, and shes making it hard to forget her!!
    Seems she is being quite harsh by givin you impression something could happen, like she wants it both ways. Bit unfair on you.
    Try meet someone else, and forget about her.
    Unless you can handle jus gettin with her when you see her, and just having random nights whenever you get chance...doesnt seem like much fun tho!!
  • Options
    Hmmm so she's cheating on her bf with you? Even if you did win her over, she would always be a cheater. Could you really trust her not to do the same with some other bloke if you moved in together?
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Hmmm so she's cheating on her bf with you? Even if you did win her over, she would always be a cheater. Could you really trust her not to do the same with some other bloke if you moved in together?

So true, once a cheater always a cheater.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but I would steer well clear, she'll probably end up doing it to you too.
  • Options
    Its not true "once a cheater, always a cheater" about all people that have cheated in the past because some people do change and prove themselves.

:yes: i cheated before, but i wouldnt do it to my guy now!
  • Options
    satehen wrote:

I hope that's not the case, cos I've cheated before and hope I never do it again.
    Unless you can handle jus gettin with her when you see her, and just having random nights whenever you get chance

That's just it, I don't like doing this with her, but am that 'into' her that I just can't say no.
    Seems she is being quite harsh by givin you impression something could happen, like she wants it both ways. Bit unfair on you

Thing is, what if she wants me too, but just thinks I'm after one thing. 1..I don't see her regularly enough to suss her out and 2... I wouldn't dare say owt incase she didn't feel the same.
  • Options
    Ok, I'll start from the top. About 6 months ago I met a girl through a friend. From the minute I saw her, I fancied her to death. The more we spoke, the more I fancied her. She was fantastic in every way. Nothing happened, and after about a month, I decided nothing was gonna happen (had no way of contacting her etc... and she was living with her fella), so decided to put her to the back of my mind.
    Anyway, about 2 months ago, i saw her again. We spent all night talking again, got on so well, all the feelings came back. She's great. Again nowt happened, but I was told that she had the hots for me big time. I was well chuffed, but she is still living with fella, so about a month ago, decided again to forget about her.
    Well, she was out this weekend. Again we spent all night talking, having a dance, a laugh etc... BUT this time stuff happened. She made all the moves, and I clearly couldn't resist. Anyway, after an awesome night, I was well happy. I have her number and she has mine, BUT she still lives with her fella. I'm trying to be realistic about things and keep telling myself nothing is gonna come of it, BUT I really want her. More than i've wanted anybody ever. I aint into chasing as such, but i really can't get her out of my head (this has never happened to me before, I'm always the one that people fall for). So, should I say something now, or should I let it rest and see how I feel in a month or so...and if it's meant to happen, it'll happen... Advice please.

Just play it cool...let her come to you...if you can keep a certain sense of aloofness/self-possession, it'll work out to your advantage, rather than trying sensitive romanticism to get her to switch boyfriends which is a dangerous game and one which can be difficult to win.