Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

another friend problem....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, well this is another friend....

She's been really withdrawn and down lately and she's been writing these weird depressive poems. We're all worried about her but she says she doesnt want help. I'm talking to her now and when i ask her why she doesnt want help....she says she cant have any as part of a promise. I asked if someone was in trouble and she said no. I really dunno whats up. But she's been writing these poems since about feb, but she was still her usual self. But for the past week or so she's just not herself anymore. We're all really worried but she wont let us help. Any advice? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    i don't want to jump to conlusions but it sounds as though she may be being threatened.

i think you should sit her down try and get out of her what is wrong making sure she knows you won't say anything to anyone. you can tell her you won't make it obvious to others that you're helping if she didn't want.

i do think you need to find out whats wrong though.
  • Options
    Not meaning to be funny here or anything, but you can't force your friend to get help if she says she doesn't want it.
  • Options
    Not meaning to be funny here or anything, but you can't force your friend to get help if she says she doesn't want it.

Yes, exactly.
    Also I think that people (teens in particular) tend to go through "weird" phases sometime during their lives. I might as well be just some attempt to get some attention.
  • Options
    It could be just a phase, or it could be depression or she could be being bullied, tbh your not going to know unless she tells you.
  • Options
    What theme runs through the poetry she writes? Are there hints that something is forcing her to keep to herself, or that she herself is feeling something?
  • Options
    its just basically really depressive poems like saying how she's having to keep quiet.
    just now a friend was talking to her and she told them she was suicidal....but ive got another friend who is and has been for the last 2 years, shes told me about 10 times that she was going to kill herself but never did.....i dunno what to do.....
  • Options
    why don't you try inviting her out somewhere to a place she likes with some friends?

if she sees that you're all there for her she may just realise that she does actually have a good life??

i dunno.... worth a try

good luck