Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A lil advice please leed/wolves too far?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok I haven't had a mind crisis for a while in regards to lust so I am out of practice!

I was seeing a guy-one proper date and a few snogs in a nightclub on two occasions-hardly serious and although I did say we were going out we weren't really-I mean you can't call that going out? I haven't even seen him for a month. He is a lot older than me too-not a problem to me though. He is friends with people I don't want to upset so i need to be really careful.

Basically i fell for a new lad. He's younger and we have amazing chemistry. We are on the same wavelength and we really hit ot off. I thought it would be a brief yet nice fling and he wouldn't really want to take it further in real life. But he text me saying he did and we've had such an amazing text time and I spoke to him last night.

I have yet to tell the other guy purely because I am not doing it by text/email/phone. I don't want to be a coward and I owe him that. New guy knows and is ok as I explained why I have yet to tell him. Thats question one-do i tell the old guy its because we don't really have time to see eachother and it does make a difference with age-would that be enough to end a not serious thing?

New guys mate gave me a brief lecture asking "what are your intentions with my mate" as apparently he hasn't had much luck with girls-I find that hard to believe as he is so fine and such a genuinely nice guy.

So the problem. He lives in leeds. I live in wolverhampton. How can it work? I want it to work and I think it can but do long distance relationships ever work?! That was question two. I have no real experience as the furthest was shrewsbury before this. He isnt online either and I've soent so much money on credit so far.

I don't like making these sort of posts as I'm no good at expressing what I want to say so bear with my waffling. I just feel confused as I don't like not knowing whats going to happen! To much of a control freak I think!

Comments

• Options
    My mate was seeing a lad from leeds a few years back and she lives in Birmingham, It worked for a while cuz they were always lookin forward to seeing each other so werent bothered about travelling etc, in the end they driftede apart but I think that was more to do with different personalities than the distance as for a while after the split the were still travelling to see each other.

Ive never beein in a long distance relationship so I cant really comment but I genuinely think its down to the individuals

Hope everything works out chick x
  • Options
    about this first lad. you say you're going out? it doesn't seem like it. in that case you don't really owe him anything. neither should you worry about his friends! if you like the second lad, stuff the distance. give it a go, else you'll never know will you.
  • Options
    Thanks! I need that confidence boost. I think its a bit scary really, but I'm more than willing to try I just want to see first lad to let him know. I'll feel alot better, but guys thanks! I go forth onwards with a positive frame of mind and lots of hope! Whats meant to be is meant to be right-thats just life?!
  • Options
    when i met my other half, he lived in coventry, and i was in leeds. we saw each other every weekend (and got very poor in the process!) and then after a year, he moved up to be with me. so yeah, it can work.

however, it takes a lot of work, money and commitment to keep it going, so the instances where it works are usually the ones where both parties are fairly serious about each other.
  • Options
    See at the mo everything is rosy tinted-but well one can only try and the positive storys help-thanks kaffrin!