Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nail Strengthener

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
I have had nails on for roughly 18months with a week off after about a year, I'm going to get them off as I know I should have ages ago as my nails will be in crap condition! I know before anyone tells me that! So I'm going to buy a nail strengthener what is the best one and where can I buy it? I am prepared to buy an expensive one as I know its the only way to get them in good condition!
Also how long does it take your hair to grow 1-2"? I've had mine cut and its too short on the top not pleased with it - my hair usualy grows quickly but knowing my luck the time I want it to grow it wont! Anyone know a way of speeding up the process?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Sally Hansen "hard as nails" is really good. You can get it from most chemists like Boots and is about £6-8 depending on what type you want as there are quite a few different types within the brand.
  • Options
    i've tried a few of those before I got my nails done and they were ok but I was looking for something different. I can remember someone I know saying they used something but I can't remember what it was called it wasn't a Sally Hansen product
  • Options
    the first step to healthy nails is a good balanced diet with things that help nails (such as the oils in nuts)

i dont know if its just me, but if i use vegetable oil to cook with rather than olive oil, my nails end up crap and peely! so perhaps try using olive oil in food

but i dont actually know of any nail strengtheners sorry. try avon?
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    OPI nail envy

it's expensive but it's well worth it

where do i get that?
    anywhere online?
  • Options
    Def recommend Sally hansen products as well!

"Mavalla" little green bottle with red lid. is a nail hardener but is well good :)