Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Boyfriend Trouble!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The other day my boyfriend said to me "I saw a girl today when I left work and she made my heart race." He was totally serious and not cracking a joke! We have been together for two and a half yrs so what do you guys think of that comment? I asked a friend from work and she was totally gobsmacked, its been playing on my mind and makes me wonder if he is really the one for me!

I thought it was odd that he told me this as well, maybe he was trying to make me jealous but I wouldn't have a clue why he would want to do that! Hmm anyway points of view would be appretiated! :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    i dont see why a guy would turn round to his gf and tell her that being deadly serious....i dunno what to make of that tbh :confused:
  • Options
    No me either :confused:
  • Options
    if my boyfriend said that i would probably hit him

and if he thought it and i found out, i would dump him.

cant be normal imo
  • Options
    And this is the same guy who calls you stupid and pathetic? :chin:
  • Options
    He finds another girl attracted, so what??
  • Options
    He finds another girl attracted, so what??
    It's not really the done thing to say it, especially when he's just being pathetic and trying to make his gf jealous.

It depends on the relationship. Looking at other girls and fancying them is perfectly normal. Even telling your gf is sometimes, it depends why its done. If I said it to the wife she'd just laugh at me, so I wouldn't say it for jealousy, but it does sound like this lad is trying to make his gf jealous. And that is pathetic.
  • Options
    cant think why on earth he would tell you that? no good was ever going to come out of it so imo he should have kept it to himself..maybe he is trying to make you jealous.. cant think why he should have to though when youve been together that long
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It depends on the relationship. Looking at other girls and fancying them is perfectly normal. Even telling your gf is sometimes, it depends why its done. If I said it to the wife she'd just laugh at me, so I wouldn't say it for jealousy, but it does sound like this lad is trying to make his gf jealous. And that is pathetic.
    Exactly, if I said to the gf that someone was fit she would smile and say "she is pretty fit isn't she". If she sees a lad, whether it on the street or on the tv, and says something similar then I just smile aswell.
    If he said it to make you jealous then its pretty sad but maybe he just said it like he was talking to a mate. But to question the relationship and wonder "is he the one for me" over such a little meaningless (imo) comment is more stupid than the comment in the first place, IMO.
  • Options
    :no: its not an appropriate thing to say to your gf imo.
    but having said that, no matter who you are going out with... there will always be other people who you think are attractive... it happens. its natural. so long as your bf doesn't take that attraction any further. it could have just been an honest statement to make?! ....... but then i don't really see why he felt the need to say it to you or make a big deal out of it by telling you. :confused: ... thats just not normal imo.
  • Options
    i think the wording is a bit harsh.

pointing out to your other half that so and so is hot is normal, i would say, unless either party doesn't like it. but 'she made my heart race?'

ouch.
  • Options
    maybe he feels insecure about how much you're into him, and thought by saying that, you would be more desperate to please him or something?!
  • Options
    I've just had a read through of the comments and thanks for your opinions, I have actually spoken to my bf about this now...he said that he simply meant that the girl was pretty/fit, imo i think his choice of words were a little odd and thats why i got upset, if i were to say that someone made my heart race, i would use it in the love at first sight sense! Thats why i got worried, but him being a bloke was just saying it and just not really thinkin about it! I feel alot better now :yippe: I dont mind him thinking other girls are pretty, that doesnt really bother me, just got a little bit concerned thinking he had a love at first sight experience. :heart: But he didn't its just a case of "men are from mars and women are from venus" crossed wires type thing! :banghead: But at least all is harmonious on the relationship front now :naughty: Thanks for keeping level headed!