Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ok now im worried!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
as ive said in an earlier post i have been worried lately that im pregnant

i have not actually had sex BUT i was worried because the bloke in question fingered me and i was worried he had cum on his fingers. (sorry but has to be said - im a bit embarassed saying it anyway :blush: )

thing is ive just started spotting which ive heard is a symtom if youre pregnant (?) it COULD be my period but im not expecting that until a week or so from now plus its never happened before! :nervous: it could be my period just reeally light so ill have to wait until tomorrow morning i guess to be sure..

this could not have come at a worse time :( exams on tuesday and wednesday and im going to be worried about this so i wont be getting much revision done!!!

and before anyone says to not be stupid - you cant get pregant if you havent had sex, you CAN get pregnant from stuff like this but its just rare.. i just hope im not the unlucky one!!

Comments

• Options
    I doubt that you are preganant but could do a test to put your mind at rest? I know theses things can happen but I'm sure you should be ok. Try not to worry too much. When did this happen? Are you too late to take the morning after pill just incase?
  • Options
    That would be extremly unlikely. Your periods may just be a little out of sync (sp?) because your under a great deal of stress. TBH i've never heard of a single case where someone got pregnant because she was fingerd. Relax you'll be fine!
  • Options
    It is unlikely that you are pregnant, please do a test to check, but it is possible that you have been worrying so much about it that it might just be a psychosomatic response. Also you say you have exams coming up, well it could be stress thats making you spot.
  • Options
    if you did take the morning after pill its likely that your periods will be out of wack for a couple of months anyway, plus the worrying and the stress of the exams can effect it. you could take a test, but if your period isnt due for another week anyway it probably wouldn't give you a proper result - some you can do four days before hand but that still gives you a couple of days to wait. best thing to do is to try and forget about it until the exams are done - getting so worked up you can't concentrate doesn't change anything,easier said than done i know.

it is unlikely that you are pregnant and i know Spanner gave you some other links for contraception advice so i won't harp on and do all that again, i have a feeling this has taught you a lesson and that anything we say wouldn't have half as much impact as what you are going through. let us know what happens - keeping my fingers crossed for you, i really hope everything works out ok :)
  • Options
    ok morning after posting this - and it IS spotting not period. im hoping you all are right that its the exams that have caused it because it has never ever happened before (which is mainly why im worried) i guess ill wait until after exams to do anything about it though :)

thanks for all info everyone its helpful :D

also, tbh ive only heard of one case where this happened but if it has happened once it can happen again!
  • Options
    Periods of high stress cause irregularities in the menstrual cycle, and if you are only 16 there's a good chance your menstrual cycle isn't regular yet anyway.

I seriously doubt you are pregnant. There is a risk of it, but it has to be immediately after ejaculation pretty much, and close to the vagina, although sperm can live outside the body for a little while.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    if you are only 16 there's a good chance your menstrual cycle isn't regular yet anyway.

im 18 so at a guess id say its regular already :) but yeah im not ALWAYS regular so it could just be that.. but we'll see
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    or just take a test.. :p

:yes:

Quite fretting and find out for sure..(well as sure as a test can be.)

As the others have said, it's unlikely that you are pregnant. Take a test soon to ease your mind. Especially before exams.