Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What do I do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Here's the story - my girlfriend and I have been together for over two and a half years. I'm happy with her, we're not arguing or anything, we're just getting on with life really. I don't get much chance to see her as I'm busy or she's at Uni, but things are great when we do get the chance to meet up. She's my first true love, and I've thought for a long time that we could be together for years to come.

A few weeks ago though, a girl who I was attracted to started to email me. This turned to texting all the time, then meeting up and we ended up kissing the other night. She's the sort of girl who I thought would never be attracted to me, but to my suprise, she's really into me.

I feel so guilty, I never wanted to be somebody who cheats on a partner. If I was single, this would be absolutly fantastic, but I really don't know what to do.

I could stay with my girlfriend, pretend that nothing has happened and everything would carry on as it is. But then I'd be left wondering 'what if', and is there something wrong between us that I just can't see if I'm so confused as to what to do? I'd also end up hurting the other girl, as she really wants us to be more than just friends.

Or, I could see this other girl who's just come into my life. But, I lose the security of a long term relationship, not knowing for sure if it's going to last. I don't want to hurt my girlfriend either, and I don't know how she'd take breaking up as she's so happy with where we're heading at the moment.

I know that, at the end of the day, I have to make the choice. But, has anybody got any advice... maybe an outsider's perspective on the whole thing might help.

Ta for reading x

Comments

• Options
    Can you still, honestly, see a long term future with your girlfriend?
  • Options
    Yes, I'm sure we could be happy together. But, why am I so interested in this other person if everything is ok between my girlfriend and I?
  • Options
    Because your used to it- your relationship maybe secure, but it's also comfortable and what you're used to.
  • Options
    Are you ready for a confortable slipper relationship? Or do you want to have fun before you settle down??