Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Girl forced to take pregnancy test on the basis of rumours

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Story

A snippet:
The lawsuit claims nurse Dyanna Eastwood called the girl to her office and told her that a student at another school claimed he impregnated her.Eastwood insisted the girl take the test, according to the lawsuit. The girl said she did not have sex with the boy and denied that she was pregnant. The girl's lawyer also said she was not pregnant

Does a school ever have a viable right or reason to do this on the basis of one boys rumous? I wonder what would have happened if the test had shown up positive - kicked her out, supported her etc?

More detailed article, with comment
A minor in Texas cannot get an abortion without her parents' explicit consent. However, it seems that a minor in Texas can be given a pregnancy test just because another minor said something.

Comments

• Options
    If what the girl and her father are saying is true, it certainly is an outrage.
  • Options
    I don't know which would be worse, that it happened or that it wouldn't surprise me if it did...