Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Donald Rumsfeld

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Was just on Newsnight re-explaining his infamous 'known unknowns' speech. The thing is I've never understood what the fuss was about. Grammar issues aside, the message was always comprehended by me.

What was the big deal?

Comments

• Options
    What was the controversy about the speech?
  • Options
    it looked to me like he got caught talking utter shite trying to sound clever, i mean obviously you don't know what you don't know, what kind of bush-ism is that? oral illiteracy must be infectious in the white house.......but seriously it just sounded like more scaremongering, as it turns out he didn't even know what he thought he knew.....
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    it looked to me like he got caught talking utter shite trying to sound clever, i mean obviously you don't know what you don't know, what kind of bush-ism is that? oral illiteracy must be infectious in the white house.......but seriously it just sounded like more scaremongering, as it turns out he didn't even know what he thought he knew.....

Ah, further confirming my suspicions that Donal Rumsfeld is a giant nob.
  • Options
    It was a very curious interview, Frost didnt seem to be with it at all and he was shaking a lot.
  • Options
    Donald Rumsfeld should have been replaced after Bush was re-elected.
  • Options
    look rumsfeld is a very smart person. very evasive yes. but the way he answers questions, the way he evades certain answers is very witty indeed. recognise.
  • Options
    look rumsfeld is a very smart person. very evasive yes. but the way he answers questions, the way he evades certain answers is very witty indeed. recognise.

Not completely stupid for sure, but a complete and utter cock-jock he definately is.

Bush I don't mind as much, Rumsfeld is evil.
  • Options
    Not completely stupid for sure, but a complete and utter cock-jock he definately is.

Bush I don't mind as much, Rumsfeld is evil.
    cock-jock?
  • Options
    cock-jock?
    OK, a very naughty man.
  • Options
    What was the controversy about the speech?

Thats the thing I couldn't quite work it out, all I got was that it was to do with the wording not the message.
  • Options
    ba you completely threw me with your av, i thought you were groove and that he was quoting himself......
  • Options
    The thing that stood out for me most was David Frosts bright red socks, can you beleive them.

Also he (DR) actually sounded very clever (if a bit of a lying facist bastard)

But then it switcherd off for newsfuckingnight fucking scotland, no scotish person Iv met who watches newsnight wants to see the scottish bit, maybe once a week, but they just cut off a good artical with fucking scotish issues, especialy an important interview like that youd think theyd let it run and cut back on the NN scotland shit
  • Options
    basically, the camel sh@gger, was trying to tell us, in not soooooooo many words, that, we (humanity) do not know everything!! :rolleyes:

well, ummmmmmmmmnnnnnnn, all i can only say is, that he obviousley hasn't visited the site.org yet, and met some of the contributers who lurk on these boards!

does anyone else think that he could be an android of somthing, or is it just me? :yeees:
  • Options
    Bush has more sense than Rumsfeld and thats saying something, he's a complete twat who hasn't got a notion what he's talking about, "terrorism this, terrorism that, bla bla bla"
  • Options
    The reason Frost was shaking was due to the hypnosis that people like Rumsfeld routinely employ. The "known unknowns" speech is classic confusion technique, most people listening to him would have given up being conscious after the third line and just gone into a nice suggestible alpha state.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/audio/260505bushism.mp3

They know exactly what they are doing. Bush is perfect for propoganda because he's an idiot. One message, over and over again.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=2919570&dopt=Abstract
  • Options
    And you have the gall to call me paranoid? :crazyeyes
  • Options
    post-32-1119075967.jpg