Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tattoo infection?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If a tattoo is infected or an allergic reaction has occured, what sort of result would we be looking at?

Comments

• Options
    id imagine alot of redness, soreness+perhaps some weeping around the area! If you're having problems, speak to the person who did your tat!
  • Options
    It's a lil red and sore, but theres a few slight bumps, which could just be heat lumps. It's all in one little area where the black/grey ink is, the rest of the colouring is fine. I'll leave it till monday if worse I'll go in. Just never experienced it before and Ive 5 other tattoos.
  • Options
    I don't have experience of tattoos myself, but I doubt it would infected unless there was some kind of yellowness or discharge.

If it's red, sore and raised maybe try an antihistamine cream/tablet? May help bring down the bumps.
  • Options
    when did u have it done? if it was today or summat, then this would be expected i would've thought. Spose it depends upon where the tatoo is!
  • Options
    I had it done 10 days ago, and most of the scabbing has gone too. I put E45 cream on the other day so maybe its a reaction due to that. As the skins newly formed it'll be sensitive, and my skin doesn't like E45, makes it abit itchy. Gah who knows.
  • Options
    when my ex got a tatoo it was kinda sore and bumpy for a few days. It should go away.....but 10 days seems a while.
  • Options
    Its only just gone that way. and the bumps are like heat lumps
  • Options
    It sounds more like an irritation than an infection as there is nothing oozing from it (yuck!). Yet as this is different to what you usually experience after having a tattoo, and 10 days rather than 24 hours have passed, I'd suggest you call or see the place that did your tattoo for further advice.

Susie :)