Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Found a weird lump

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For the past few months I have had a weird lump under my nose/gum. It's under my left nostril and seems to cover the area from the top of my gum to my nostril, under the skin. I have noticed it has got slightly bigger and feels quite strange. If i press it it feels numb and will throb slightly for a while after being touched.
The reason I haven't had this checked sooner is that I attributed it to being there from when I shattered my front teeth last summer. The fact it's growing has started to worry me. Does anyone know what this could be? My natural paranoia/pessimism has had me worrying a lot about the 'c' word, which prompted me to get an appointment with my GP.

Comments

• Options
    It could be the beginnings of an abcess...if you shattered your teeth last year its likely that an infection may have developed. However, it might be more serious, go to your doctor or dentist and get some proffessional advice.
  • Options
    My abcess started like that, it was under my right nostril on my gum. But deffo go to the doctor. If it is an abcess, then your a lucky bugger cos you got at the start, mine started to kill me on a bank holiday weekend, so I had to wait 3 days, I was in agony, worst pain EVER :grump: :impissed: :banghead:
  • Options
    Sounds like an absess (sp?) to me, good luck at the docs and let us know what the diagnosis is!