Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how true

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=real_men

im bored and some of this is so true its frightening

Comments

• Options
    Some of it is so true it's frightening?

What, exactly, is true about it?

I do agree that men who wax are raging woofters though:p
  • Options
    Hrm I've noticed a lot of metrosexuals about...

Not my cup of tea personally... But is there anything wrong with gender roles merging?
  • Options
    read about 2 lines then i gave up, personally i don't mind anyone showing their sexuality, do what ya want but don't rub it in my fact thats all...
  • Options
    bull. i consider myself metro and i love it. makes me feel special. some people are just too rigid and narrow to see far enough. perhaps a lesser degree of homophobia.
  • Options
    bull. i consider myself metro and i love it. makes me feel special. some people are just too rigid and narrow to see far enough. perhaps a lesser degree of homophobia.

i'm not eve metro, i'm space cadetro, i'm on a different planet...
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    read about 2 lines then i gave up, personally i don't mind anyone showing their sexuality, do what ya want but don't rub it in my fact thats all...

Being metro is not a sexuality as such, and therefore can't be flaunted.
    The reason that it is so obvious is because it is based on style - you can't really disguise appearance when walking down the street.
  • Options
    Absolutely hilarious - Maddox is a genius.
  • Options
    I agree with what he says about Christopher Reeve though:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=creeve
  • Options
    I don't. It's only a human reaction to take up on an issue that has affected you.

I look forward to him (and even perhaps you) criticising everyone who runs the marathon (or raises funds in any other way) for cancer charities after their loved one died of the disease or they themselves survived the disease. Disgusting selfish bastards who probably didn't give a toss about cancer before hand eh?

I wonder if Reeve's calls for embryo research or his attacks on Dubya might have had anything to do with such a pointless and petty attack... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I don't. It's only a human reaction to take up on an issue that has affected you.

The point still stands though.
    I look forward to him (and even perhaps you) criticising everyone who runs the marathon (or raises funds in any other way) for cancer charities after their loved one died of the disease or they themselves survived the disease. Disgusting selfish bastards who probably didn't give a toss about cancer before hand eh?

???
    I wonder if Reeve's calls for embryo research or his attacks on Dubya might have had anything to do with such a pointless and petty attack... :rolleyes:

Probably. I think the author of that websites a cunt too, you know.
  • Options
    http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=real_men

im bored and some of this is so true its frightening

Reactionary bollocks.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    ???
    I was asking whether there is any difference between someone who has suffered from cancer or lost his little daughter to it and has since started to raise funds for cancer charities, and Reeves doing a similar thing regarding spinal injuries?

And if you think, like I do, that there is no difference between the two cases, do you think there is fair game to call all those people who raise funds for cancer 'selfish assholes' or to mount a petty attack on them?
  • Options
    If you put it like that then it is a mildly unfair attack, though it wasn't really that aspect of it that I was agreeing with. If one is going to be cold then yeah, it is quite selfish to only give to charity when your kid is dying of it, and not before, but that is human nature. I only give to Children's Heart Unit Fund at the Freeman in Newcastle because of GWST's sister (though I have always donated to BHF, CRUK etc).

I think maddox has a point saying "the underlying message being sent here is that nobody gives a shit about cripples until a celebrity becomes one". I don't think that is Reeve's fault per se- which is why the article is probably unfair- but it's still a valid point.
  • Options
    Fair enough.
  • Options
    You are all taking Maddox far too seriously.
  • Options
    You are all taking Maddox far too seriously.
    Er, no.

he is a cunt though.
  • Options
    You don't half write a load of nonsense J.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    Don't talk wet.

Rocks you mean. People who were born men and think they should carry on being men? And see far enough where? Up thier own arses?
    Part of the reason why society is gradualy failing is because people aren't rigid enough, and can't see the straight and the narrow.

please. hows people who were born men... have anything to do with it?

and you can use "part of the reason" to justify anything. so dont.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    I'm trying to explain a million and one insights with two lines of philosophy. It's not easy.

Oh, I thought you'd forgotten your medication again.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    i'm not eve metro, i'm space cadetro, i'm on a different planet...

"I'm not metro, I'm space cadetro"...first laugh of the day :cool: .

Vive le Maddox.
  • Options
    oh man that was funny...politics and debate might not be the best place for it though just for the fact that it implies that people should take it seriously.

I love maddox.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Reactionary bollocks.
    see, thats a CORRECT use of the word.
    well done schnookums
  • Options
    see, thats a CORRECT use of the word.
    well done schnookums

Yes, I know. Its also the correct use of the word when Germaine Greer opens her mouth too.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yes, I know. Its also the correct use of the word when Germaine Greer opens her mouth too.
    Why aren't you banned yet?

You don't debate often, you just take personal stabs at people or argue like a 14 year old...

No offense mate.
  • Options
    Who made you a moderator?

BTW it might be a good idea to read my posts before spouting off uninformed shite eh?
  • Options
    P.S.
    How many 14 year olds that you know would debate semiotics, post-modernism and post-structuralism, Marx, Hegel, notions of positive and negative freedom, Chomsky etc? Hows about you read all my posts, not just my one liners huh?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    `s not.
  • Options
    It is IMO. Reactionary - opposite of progressive, conservative. I happen to believe that her views are reactionary and conservative. She used to be radical, but all the interviews I've seen/read of hers recently, she has been a horrible reactionary.