Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Out of control sex drive

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, I'm 17, male, and have just had a hormone boost (from what I can tell anyway). Problem is that I'm hornier than I've ever been in my life! And I can't stop thinking about it. I see or so much as think about a woman then I start mentally undressing them. If I try and relieve myself the worst thing is it gets worse!!!

Imagine dying of thirst in a desert then you come to an oasis, but everything you drink is cursed and just makes you thirstier. I tell you it's agony! I know many people have probably been through this before, but it's actually getting to the point where it's upsetting.

I'm sitting here and my cheeks are glowing warm in that way you are when you're way overhorny, and nothing helps! Cold showers don't help, masturbating doesn't help!! I just don't know what to do.

I know this may sound stupid :p but it's a genuine concern for me. Anyone with any ideas that will reduce horniness or who have been through this please reply because your input will be much appreciated!!

Comments

• Options
    :lol: it's perfectly natural! embrace it, cos you have to live with it I'm afraid! :p

just try your hardest (no pun intended :p ) not to make it too obvious - it makes it harder to get a gf when you talk to a girl and she notices you obviously staring at her boobs ;):lol:
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    :lol: it's perfectly natural! embrace it, cos you have to live with it I'm afraid! :p

just try your hardest (no pun intended :p ) not to make it too obvious - it makes it harder to get a gf when you talk to a girl and she notices you obviously staring at her boobs ;):lol:

I have a girlfriend, but i still cant help staring at everyones boobs! ever! except family cos that's gross :p that's part of the reason why it's upsetting because I can't help having these thoughts even though I love my girlfriend. Even doing stuff doesn't help, it just makes it worse.

Humph :(
  • Options
    I have a girlfriend, but i still cant help staring at everyones boobs! ever! except family cos that's gross :p that's part of the reason why it's upsetting because I can't help having these thoughts even though I love my girlfriend. Even doing stuff doesn't help, it just makes it worse.

Humph :(

ahh well that gets rid of that awkwardness, but just try and be subtle doing it when your gf is about!

it's very very natural for you to be feeling this way at 17, dont worry about it, I'm pretty sure, although you're very sexually curious, it probably wont get you into too much trouble :yes:
  • Options
    It's part of growing up to be honest.
  • Options
    Don't masturbate! That will help.
  • Options
    The issue is that it's in my head not down there. So I don't have a desire to do anything, just can't stop thinking about it. Oh well, hopefully it will pass!!
  • Options
    The first sign of true love!
    lol
  • Options
    zooby wrote:
    The first sign of true love!
    lol

heh, its good to have a sense of humour at least
  • Options
    I dnt get you
  • Options
    i think it gets worse as you get older, men in general are allways thinking about sex. dunno if that makes you feel any better?
  • Options
    I think the best way not to constantly think about sex is to go on a trip with some friends (guys, obviously) and do things to exhaust you (like sports, getting up early, staying up late drinking, etc.).
    Like this you'll sleep like a log at night but still do lots of fun things during the day that are probably way better than your average 5th-masturbation-in-a-row ;)

[edit] Generally being around guys, while doing things you like, helps [/edit]
  • Options
    on average, men think about sex every 5 seconds. I'm female, so no advice on that. BTW, definitely try to keep subtle when you're looking at other women.

Truthfully, this sparked quite a few arguments between my boyfriend and I last year, when we were 17. He was constantly looking at other girls, and his excitement was always evident. I'd be elbowing him like 'hello, I'm right here @$$!'.

I almost broke it off until I spoke to a male cousin of mine whom I'm really close to, he laughed and said he could remember that time being the worst. In the end what he did was sit down and watch barney videos. Why barney? Well, I guess he just figured that if he thought about sex more often than murder while watching a giant purple dinosaure singing, he had major issues. lol After that, I understood a bit more.

But yeah, that's my only suggestion, oh and try not to masturbate so much. When it happens, try to ignore it as long as you possibly can before you relieve, that way you don't overwork yourself, which I'm guessing could hurt. (again, not a guy, don't know).

beyond that, again, women's view here, I don't know much about this, but maybe try thinking of something that really turns you off... maybe that would help? I don't know.
    I'm sorry if none of these suggestions help, but yeah, definitely try to keep the looking at other girls thing subtle, and try not to follow them around the room with your eyes. That'll really cheese off your girlfriend.
  • Options
    on average, men think about sex every 5 seconds.

False :p

It seems better today and yesterday, I think it was that one particular day that was bad. I couldn't sleep etc. I mean it's still worse than normal :p but I can't really help that! It will probably just settle down by itself in it's own time.
  • Options
    i remember you being very horny about a year ago...:p

just have lots of sex...and then you will feel a lot better.
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, thinking about sex is pretty normal. I'm 21 and in a relationship and I'm pretty much always horny.