Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

It's alive!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just got in from training (well, I've had a shower) and I feel so awake and vibrant. I was absolutely drenched in sweat and my kit is unpleasantly damp, I worked hard, and completely burned a guy twice my size and with a year of experience on me, I haven't felt this good in too long.

What gets you going like this?

Comments

• Options
    Heh well done..:D

When I used to play hockey scoring a goal was like the best feeling
    But I don't play anymore..
  • Options
    when you're in a band playing to loads of people and they are loving it, absolutely fantastic ;d
  • Options
    having the power to say get the fuck out of my club to someone, and the bouncer saying, "do as the nice gentleman says"
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    I just got in from training (well, I've had a shower) and I feel so awake and vibrant. I was absolutely drenched in sweat and my kit is unpleasantly damp, I worked hard, and completely burned a guy twice my size and with a year of experience on me, I haven't felt this good in too long.

sorry it must be the horny bastard in me and flame me all you want but i never laughed as much in my life when i read that post, do you know how sexual that sounds, "my kit is unpleasantly damp" ahahahhahaha
  • Options
    Maths.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    sorry it must be the horny bastard in me and flame me all you want but i never laughed as much in my life when i read that post, do you know how sexual that sounds, "my kit is unpleasantly damp" ahahahhahaha
    :lol: git. Wasn't nice at all, especially with the summer dew settling on my shirt when I was wearing the other colour. I must have changed kit pitch-side 5 or 6 times. So use the idea of me taking my shirt off to get your engines reving next time.

ETA: :D Oh yes, playing mini in the park at 4 for a revision break later!
  • Options
    When I used to play hockey scoring a goal was like the best feeling
    :yes: or anything that produces an adrenaline rush! :thumb:
  • Options
    Stood at the bottom of a black diamond piste wiht your board strapped to your feet looking up at what you just did

(and of corse the rush as your flying down it :hyper: )

:wave:
  • Options
    jake0 wrote:
    when you're in a band playing to loads of people and they are loving it, absolutely fantastic ;d

Hopefully I'll be experiencing that soon...
  • Options
    Fiend_85, what training do you do? I find exercise generally/circuit training makes me feel good; the smug satisfaction that you did some work and as a result your body looks nice, fit and toned.
  • Options
    My sport is ultimate frisbee. So I do two indoor sessions, both an hour and a half, so drills for an hour or 45 mins and games for the rest, an outdoor session for 3 hours which is more drills and a game, a 2 hours session on the astro which is harder than the pitch outdoor and track once a week.

www.whatisultimate.com www.ukultimate.com
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:

Im exactly the same, but im wanking ;)
  • Options
    Hopefully I'll be experiencing that soon...

oh god its good

my band once played to just over 1000 people and everyone was loving it, and there was even a mosh pit haha

its literally t he best experience in the world when the audience is loving you ;d
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    My sport is ultimate frisbee. So I do two indoor sessions, both an hour and a half, so drills for an hour or 45 mins and games for the rest, an outdoor session for 3 hours which is more drills and a game, a 2 hours session on the astro which is harder than the pitch outdoor and track once a week.

www.whatisultimate.com www.ukultimate.com

They should rename it, it just conjurs up imagery of American Wrestling people who talk about themselves in third person :p
  • Options
    One of the physios at my uni is canadian, played american football, but had also played ultimate. He said "Calling it ultimate is like calling a fat person tiny"
  • Options
    Something that gets the dopamine and seritonin receptors firing.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Sword training :thumb:
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    One of the physios at my uni is canadian, played american football, but had also played ultimate. He said "Calling it ultimate is like calling a fat person tiny"

Do you mean that as in completely underestimating or completely wrong? :confused: Depends how you interpret it. I've played frisbee in the 'throw and catch' sense with my friends, played ultimate frisbee once, was fun, I associate it with fun sports like rounders, hockey etc.
  • Options
    Completely underestimating. The full game, played by "professionals" is unlike anything you've ever seen.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Completely underestimating. The full game, played by "professionals" is unlike anything you've ever seen.

I'll have to watch a proper game one time :) although, I never enjoy watching extremely competitive sports, they seemt o lose some of the sportmanship etc. and the good naturedness of a group of mates playing. But it's different for different people I suppose.
  • Options
    That's what's so special about ultimate the spirit of the game
    UKUA wrote:
    Ultimate stresses sportsmanship and fair play. Competitive play is encouraged, but never at the expense of respect between players, adherence to the rules, and the basic joy of play
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    That's what's so special about ultimate the spirit of the game

sweet :thumb: sounds very good :D
  • Options
    It is, I love it. And because spirit is so important, the mixed teams really work, and the're unbalanced mixed teams, so it's possible to have a team of guys against a team of girls.