Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

missed a pill - paranoid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yesterday I missed my normal contraceptive pill (combined) and we had sex that day. I took it just over 12 hours late. In the instructions it says to take your late pill then carry on the 7 days taking at normal time, and use extra precautions for next 7 days...however, I looked on the net and read somewhere that if you had sex on the day you messsed up your pill, you should take the emergency morning after pill.

I'm a bit confused... Do I need to take the morning after pill? If I do, do I still carry on taking my other pills as normal?

The pill I missed was the 4th pill of the packet, and I took it as soon as I remembered, and have taken todays one at normal time.
Have tried ringing all the helplines, but because it's the weekend, they are all closed.

Laura

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    at the end of the day it can't really do any harm to take the map - just to be on the safe side. you can also phone nhs direct, for advice; they are open 24/7. tel. 0845 4647.