Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

stupid smoke alarm!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my smoke alarm has gone off 3 times since mid night :banghead:
you cant take it down without turning off the mains first, and its only me and my brother here and we dont know how to do it....soooo annoying! :mad: :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    Maybe it's trying to tell you something...smell smoke? Burning sensations?... :p
  • Options
    Best thing to do would be everytime it goes off to switch it off rather than switching it off rather then swicthing it off at the mains.
  • Options
    See now if it was a battary one i'd say it was the batts, but it isn't so i can only guess the sensors REALLY sensative, does anyone smoke and have beeen near it? could be malfunction in the design
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    Best thing to do would be everytime it goes off to switch it off rather than switching it off rather then swicthing it off at the mains.

am i the only one who that made noooo sense to?! :confused:
  • Options
    there was no smoke, nothing at all. my brother and i checked everywhere. maybe it was doing it as it was just so hot last nite. or i dunno...maybe its just shit!
    there was smoke yesterday afternoon wen my brother and i burnt some food (oops!) and even tho the whole house was ful of smoke only the bottom one went off. the top one (the one that was going off allll night) didnt make a sound!
    that makes it even more annoying!!
  • Options
    This happened to me once. Right outside my bedroom door in the middle of the night, I turned it off after two false alarms and was later advised it probably needed cleaning. I cleaned it and it didn't happen again, but obviously I can't know if that was because of the cleaning or not.

The most disturbing thing was that everyone else in the house slept right through it.
  • Options
    am i the only one who that made noooo sense to?! :confused:
    :lol: I think she's tryin to tell you to keep the thing on. Take out one of the "rather than switching it off"s and it makes more sense.

Does it have a heat or smoke sensor?

Probably smoke - but steam can cause them to go off too.
  • Options
    smoke alarm smoke alarm smoke alarm ...
    your stash is running low ...repeat ... your stash is running low.