Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Back from hospital.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

I'm feeling quite sore but not too bad... was actually quite shocked how bad I felt when I came round cos it was only minor surgery but they did a lot in there so that's probably why.

The op took 2 hours... much longer than they were expecting (feeling really guilty cos someone elses surgery was cancelled cos mine ran over so long! :eek: )

The good news is: NO active endo was found!!! He reckons the pill is keeping that at bay... :thumb:

However I did have a lot of my bowel stuck to my uterus which they unstuck, and my appendix was stuck to the wall of my tummy... which my gynae was a little puzzled about. They got someone else in to unstick that bit.

The biggest news was about my womb. I already knew I have a bicornuate uterus: During the hysteroscopy he found that they're completly seperate sides of uterus... bascially two wombs sharing a cervix.
But also, he couldn't find the opening into the left hand side of the uterus because it is so tiny... :crazyeyes that explains the really awful period pains because it has to squeeze loads until it eventually gives way and lets the blood out. :rolleyes:
He wants me to keep a diary of my periods and scale the pain of them until I see him in 4 months... if things don't improve I'm going to have to have open surgery to remove that part of my womb. :( I don't really think the chances of that part of womb being OK is very big.
I think he said he drained it though... god knows how long some of the blood has been in there! But it's a good job I had to have the tube taken out on that side with my last operation because that'll have prevented back up bleeding!

Anyway. He didn't fit the mirena coil in because my right side of womb looks fine, my tube is fine and my ovary is fine... and there was no opening to fit it in the other side, obviously.
He reckons there is a good change I will be able to have kids with the good part of my womb... he said he couldn't promise but it would be worth a go whenever I deside to try... That was sort of a shock and my other gynae was so convinced I'd have no chance!!! :eek2:

So anyway, sorry that was so long... but thought I'd let you all know what's happening. Feeling a bit mixed up cos of the very good news along with the not so good about possibly needing more surgery.

He said I had a very complicated pelvis and he enjoyed doing the surgery cos it was very interesting... I'm going to watch the video of it later.

Comments

• Options
    Hey that is brilliant news about the possibility of having kids - and no active endo! I hope the pain goes soon. :yippe:
  • Options
    Hey you, really glad to hear you had some positive news :) Hope you feel less sore soon x
  • Options
    yay good news! hope u feel better soon xx
  • Options
    The ygive you a video? .. willl have to look out for that on the net :D

Is there sound as well .. wonder what they were saying during your op.

Anyway good to see they fix you up .. did they remove your appendix or just unstick it?
  • Options
    brilliant news.
  • Options
    Glad your ok, hope you feel beter soon :(:).
  • Options
    Well done. Get well soon. :)
  • Options
    that's good, although I must admit I am going slightly pale at the thought of watching it on video :|
  • Options
    :( The video didn't come out. :crying:

Feeling really sore still, especially where they've fiddled about with my appendix... finding it hard to move about but had a bath... although couldn't manage it on my own :blush: Now my scars look less scary though and it's helped sooth my back a bit which isn't taking well to me walking bent over and lying half sat up all the time.

Think I've got rid of most of the gas from the lap... did hurt to burp at first bit not too bad now.

None of the news from my op has really sunk in properly yet... really glad that my endo is so much better than I was expecting, but the other complications and possibilty of more open surgery arn't exactly joyful to think about!

Just glad it's over with for now. :)
  • Options
    I've just been having a look at your site. You've been thru such a lot. I've come on to this site to try to get some answers to my gyn problems too....recent hysteroscopy with Mirena then collapsed! Still off work. Pretty grim. Hope you heal soon and that things settle down for you. What age are you, didn't pick that bit up? All the best.
  • Options
    Glad your ok :)
  • Options
    glad to hear that things are on the up :)

i hope your feeling less sore soon