Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help please, getting with friends ex's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right got a bit of a dilemma, what everyones opinion on this, are your mates ex's fair game or not?

doesnt have to be best mates, but people you know and get on with when you see them.

Comments

• Options
    That made me smile how you referred to her as 'fair game'.

I think...that if you're unsure, talk to the guy...ask him if the situation is all over and done with before making a play for her, merely as to not offend and step on toes and cause masculine rivarly and anger about going after a friends ex.
  • Options
    ok well he a nice bloke and all that, but he is a complete thug and has knocked out her new b/fs on a couple of occasions.

but then again he should learn to get over her aswell.
  • Options
    john_g wrote:
    ok well he a nice bloke and all that, but he is a complete thug and has knocked out her new b/fs on a couple of occasions.

but then again he should learn to get over her aswell.

Yeah certainly, still protective of her but at the same time, she has to say to him "I'm not with you anymore, leave my new blokes alone" cause it's a sort of pathetic way of dealing with the situation, and if he's left to do it then he'll just keep being...a knob...well...I suppose also it depends on how long they've been apart, and how long they were together. And is she worth getting thunked in the head for?
  • Options
    john_g wrote:
    right got a bit of a dilemma, what everyones opinion on this, are your mates ex's fair game or not?
    pretty much, yes.
    although you might want to think twice about hurting your mates feelings.
  • Options
    Hi

Tricky this. I think you need to take into account a few things :-

Would your mate give you flack if you got with their ex? If so can you take this?
    Would you feel guilty? if yes would the guilt interfere with the relationship?
    Would you be thinking ' do they think my mate was better than me'?

Phoenix