Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sex and comfort?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

Something strange has been happening off late.

I've been going through a touch time and feeling down and crying a lot. Most of the time I don't feel like sex (understandable I guess given my mood). Sometimes I just want my boyfriend to make love to me really slowly and gently because I know I'll find it comforting. Yet if he does I just feel worse again afterwards. Also if he refuses then I start getting paranoid and thinking he is going off me.

Any ideas whats causing this and how i can resolve it?

Phoenix

Comments

• Options
    what is it you find so comforting about sex: the feelings, the being together, the focus, the attention, or something else??? sex can be like an addictive comfort drug. but it 'aint going to solve your problems. although it does sound as though you are using sex as a way of getting your (non-sexual) needs met... you need to find other ways of dealing with your problems.
  • Options
    I think it is a mix of the comfort and the attention plus its a distraction. I never have been very good at dealing with stress and its something I really need to work on. The root of the problem is work related in that my manager is making my less hell. I'll post in health about that though

cheers

Phoenix