Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bikini Line Hair and Ingrown Hairs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

New to this board and hope its ok for me to post here.

The probem is I want a shaved bikini line, and I tried saving it with a sharp razor and sensitive gel. I have ot got all ingrown hairs and its awful looking. I dont know what to do...Any advice???

Any special way or moisturses??? :crying:

Comments

• Options
    Hello and wlecome!
    As a lady who likes to keep things "nice and smooth" down there i can give you this advice ; EXFOLIATE LIKE CRAZY!!!
    For many years i would use a sensitive blade and gel to shave but still had ingrown hairs and nasty spotty rash a few days afterwards.I couldnt work it out until one day i used a product called "silky mit" which is basically just a bit of sandpaper [tho dont go near your priavte parts with ACTUAL sandpaper].This rubbed away all the dead skin and ive never had any problems with rashes or ingrown hair since! I use it every month or so to wipe away the dead skin.
    Always use a good moisturiser as well,something like e45 cream maybe?
    Other than following that you can always wax,which although is painful,lasts for a long time and has better results...
    The choice is yours!
    Happy hair removing!
    The indie kid x x x
  • Options
    Is the silky-mitt thing just for removing dry skin, or does it buff away the hair aswell?
  • Options
    Hey,
    It removes the hair aswell,but i wouldnt particually use it to soley get rid of your hair down there!On your arms or legs it is much more effective :)
  • Options
    not if youve got a tan though, as it takes the tan off.
    Ive used one of those before, although I never thought to use it on the bikini line.
    Might give that a go.
  • Options
    My advice would be to have a bikini wax at a salon. Much less hassle and not that expensive either!
  • Options
    ginge86 wrote:
    My advice would be to have a bikini wax at a salon. Much less hassle and not that expensive either!
    Yes but how would that avoid ingrown hairs. Surely if youre prone to them, waxing would make it worse?
  • Options
    i have never heard of a silky mit!! where can i get one from??
  • Options
    You can get them in Boots and probably Superdrug too I would have thought. My mate used to use them. I'd never thought of trying them on my bikini line either but might well do as I've had the same problems with shaving! Cheers theindiekid.
  • Options
    silky mit
    Hello and wlecome!
    As a lady who likes to keep things "nice and smooth" down there i can give you this advice ; EXFOLIATE LIKE CRAZY!!!
    For many years i would use a sensitive blade and gel to shave but still had ingrown hairs and nasty spotty rash a few days afterwards.I couldnt work it out until one day i used a product called "silky mit" which is basically just a bit of sandpaper [tho dont go near your priavte parts with ACTUAL sandpaper].This rubbed away all the dead skin and ive never had any problems with rashes or ingrown hair since! I use it every month or so to wipe away the dead skin.
    Always use a good moisturiser as well,something like e45 cream maybe?
    Other than following that you can always wax,which although is painful,lasts for a long time and has better results...
    The choice is yours!
    Happy hair removing!
    The indie kid x x x

What do you actually do with this silky mit. Do u use it on ur bikini line? Is it sore???
  • Options
    how do u use the silky mit?

is it sore

have anyone ever used it on bikini line???
  • Options
    thendiekid you could work for silky-mitt as a sales person!!!
    Jeeesus waxing that area must be a killer, I would never try that i'm not brave enough! Just shaving that area gives me a real itchy rash-it's worth getting a mit-thingy if it stops the ingrowing hair. I presume once shaved, that you give it a little rub with the mit daily, is that right? A girl can't win, either a forest peeping out of the sides, or big itchy red spots, nice! :eek:
  • Options
    Hello!
    I use the silky mit befor i shave donw there,gets rid of all the dead skin and stuff.Then id go after it with a sharp razor and shaving gel.once youve done that makes sure you dry area well then use the silky mit again just to make sure youve got all that dead skin away.Then apply some unperfumed moisturiser.
    I woudlnt advise using silky mit everytime you shave down there,once a month is fine or once every 2 weeks depending on how often you shave.
    Should leave you as soft as a babys bottom!
    You will probably also find that you will be able to shave down there more often as you wont have to worry about irratating that annoying red spotty rash you would normally get.
    The silky mits are cheap as chips as well!
    :)
    The indie kid x x x
  • Options
    Excellent stuff!