Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pill and period

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have just started on the pill. as it says i took the first one on the first day of my period and caaried on. now, ten days after i started i am still getting a v.light flow. my periods usually stop after 6 days so whats going on?!

Comments

• Options
    lizzie_amy wrote:
    i have just started on the pill. as it says i took the first one on the first day of my period and caaried on. now, ten days after i started i am still getting a v.light flow. my periods usually stop after 6 days so whats going on?!

for the first few months of taking the pill for the first time, you can expect to experience some light bleeding for a few weeks. did you read the leaflet that comes with the tablets properly?
  • Options
    ok ta. yeah i read the packaging and it mentioned 'spotting' but nothing about it carrying on like this. ah well. the perils of being a woman!
  • Options
    lizzie_amy wrote:
    ok ta. yeah i read the packaging and it mentioned 'spotting' but nothing about it carrying on like this. ah well. the perils of being a woman!

i'd give it about 2 months to see whether it settles down and if not go to the doctors. i'm about to start my first pack, sounds like i'm in for some fun.
  • Options
    i'd give it about 2 months to see whether it settles down and if not go to the doctors. i'm about to start my first pack, sounds like i'm in for some fun.

lol don't worry about it, i was pleasantly suprised when i started the pill as i had no side affects what so ever, and my periods were even lighter than usual which is an added bonus! I was waiting for all the break through bleeding, head aches, feeling sick and all that jazz, but zilch it never happened.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    lol don't worry about it, i was pleasantly suprised when i started the pill as i had no side affects what so ever, and my periods were even lighter than usual which is an added bonus! I was waiting for all the break through bleeding, head aches, feeling sick and all that jazz, but zilch it never happened.

hope the same goes for me!

thanks for the positiveness, glad to see that not everyone gets it. :yes:
  • Options
    I've only been on it a month but period wise it's great as it's been barely anything and a lot less nasty than before :)
    Has made me a lot hungrier though :(
  • Options
    The pill gave me chronic headaches and nausea! I was constantly feeling ill! I had to stop taking it even though it really helped my heavy periods.
  • Options
    it seems to be getting worse! i thought i'd be ok on it and i need it cos i'm off to ecuador in a month staying in the middle of nowhere and was going to use it so i could skip a couple of periods. trouble is its hitting the 13 day mark now and i've got cramp ! (which is rare for me!) i'm going to call the doctor tomorrow see if i can sort it out.
  • Options
    So i went to the doctors today....he scared me somewhat! i was expecting a "this is fairly normal" converstion but he kept asking me questions and looking thoughtful as though he couldnt work it out. In the end i had to give a urine sample so he could do a pregnancy test, even though i know i'm not pregnant and then he prescribed me antibiotics in case i had an infection! sorry i know not many of you really want to know all this but it was totally not what i was expecting him to say!

has anyone else had a similar experience? was he right?!
  • Options
    I know what you mean I was on the patch and my period which is normally 3 days has turned into to the worst/ heaviest 7 days ever and I don't know why. It happens w/ both so they say..