Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help if you can please...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, just a question.

I've been on my period for 2 weeks days now, it's been light for the past few days but it still hasnt gone. I'm on the pill and I'm under some stress.. could this be why?

Thankyou for helping

Comments

• Options
    I presume you mean two weeks not two days? It isn't uncommon to have prolonged periods especially at times of stress but you might want to consult your gp if it continues much longer.

You might want to think about the root of the stress, too - is there anything you can do to help relieve it at all?

This factsheet might help you
  • Options
    Thanks very much, sorry, I did mean two weeks, not "two weeks days" lol

I'm really not sure. I'm probably as stressed as I've ever been before, in fact I came home today from hospital as I tried to end it all by taking an overdose.. but I guess if it does carry on I'll speak to a gp as you suggested.

Thanks again
  • Options
    Hey, no wonder you are feeling stressed - I'm sorry to hear about your overdose. Are you having any counselling at all for the things that are causing all these problems? Have you got anyone you can talk to - friends or family?

If you are feeling that desperate again and you don't feel that you can talk to anyone you know, try turning to a helpline instead.

Samaritans are really good at listening to problems, especially when you can't see a way forward:

Samaritans
    Confidential help for anyone who is experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which may lead to suicide.
    Web: www.samaritans.org.uk
    Tel: 08457 909090
    Email: jo@samaritans.org

Take care x
  • Options
    spanner wrote:
    Samaritans are really good at listening to problems, especially when you can't see a way forward.
    A few months ago, I could have been extremely cynical and said this was nonsense. However, I actually called them up one day. They were surprisingly good. I think they helped me pull through one or two very difficult sections.
  • Options
    Well since I was taken into hospital for overdosing, they had to give me a check up and I talked to a phyciatrist, who was great (I've never spoken to a phyciatrist before). I've got an oppointment with her during half term so hopefully I can sort my life out again (my mum is an alcoholic, and I have trichotillomania - which means I self harm by pulling my hair out :( ). But if I feel I can't hold on to waiting 2 weeks for that appointment, I'll call the samaritans :thumb: I'll probably be a bit nervy though, I've never called up anything like that (e.g samaritans, childline etc).

Thankyou again and once again!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, one other thing. Keep using this site! That's helped me out too! :)
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Oh yeah, one other thing. Keep using this site! That's helped me out too! :)

Oh don't worry, I will :)