Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

condoms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im sure a lot of guys must have this problem. Luckily my girlfriend very nicely decided to go on the pill for me so things arnt a problem anymore. I found it practically impossible to cum when wearing a condom...it just didnt feel right or good...even with featherlite condoms. WEe still had fun etc but it just made sex more difficult and often opted for just foreplay..Any ideas? xx

Comments

• Options
    bionic234 wrote:
    Im sure a lot of guys must have this problem. Luckily my girlfriend very nicely decided to go on the pill for me so things arnt a problem anymore. I found it practically impossible to cum when wearing a condom...it just didnt feel right or good...even with featherlite condoms. WEe still had fun etc but it just made sex more difficult and often opted for just foreplay..Any ideas? xx
    any ideas wrt what exactly?
    condoms can have that effect, you just need a little practice getting used to them.
  • Options
    Condoms are irritating, but not as irritating as a trip to the clap clinic to have a cotton bud rammed down your jap's eye.
  • Options
    like kermit said, its important to remember that you are no longer protected against STDs now you are not using condoms - and people can be unfaithful without you knowing,not always will be of course but a point you need to remember.
  • Options
    like kermit said, its important to remember that you are no longer protected against STDs now you are not using condoms - and people can be unfaithful without you knowing,not always will be of course but a point you need to remember.

couldn't have said that better, it's also important to remember that certain medications can lessen the effectiveness of the pill. Things such as anti-convulsents, mood stabilizers (don't know if either of these are a prob tho), or simple anti-biotics.

There for, by not using a condom, you're still risking STI and pregnancy. All it takes is a few anti biotics for a touch of tonsilitis, sex that does not include a condom's protection, and before you know it, you're on you're way to her gyno's office to find out what your options are, and figure out what you want to do.

Also, all it takes is her missing ONE PILL or being SLIGHTLY OFF with taking the pill at the same time each day, and it can mess up the effectiveness in some pills. The pill is not an easy science method of birth control. It's much easier to buy ultra sensitive condoms, put a tiny smidge of KY jelly inside the condom, roll it on, and go at it. The other option is lubricating the penis with KY before putting the condom on.

Always remember to use water based lubes tho, as oil based lubricants weaken the latex in the condoms, if that doesn't work, although they are less effective, there is the option of sheep skin condoms.

Beyond that, SHE could wear the condom, as there are female condoms now that she can use.

Something that my doctor recommended to me when we had this problem with a paticular brand of condoms was to put a bit of KY jelly in the condom before we rolled it on, OR to heavily lubricate the penis before rolling the condom on. Also, try switching around with BRANDS and not just SENSITIVITY TYPES, as sometimes it's something that a paticular manufacturer uses, such as the type of latex that can cause desensitization. (am I rambling yet?, lol).

Also, try to somewhat forget that the condom is there. A guy friend of mine found that it was very difficult to climax while wearing a condom, until his gf blindfolded him and got him to wear one, without him really realising what she was doing. Tricky, but it worked for him. For him, the desensitization was psychological, rather than physical.

Hope some of this helps.

PS. I apologize for sounding like I'm trying to force my views on people, not my intention. I could make up an excuse but I won't. Sorry.
  • Options
    lol the pill seems so chaotic why not the patch or injection?
  • Options
    sexpod wrote:
    lol the pill seems so chaotic why not the patch or injection?

Because I'm on the pill for gyno probs, not birth control. :razz: for bc, we use condoms. :yes: I'm on an anti-convulsent, so I know about the pill interacting with such things and the end results. Tis something my ob/gyn warned me about. :thumb:
  • Options
    Also, all it takes is her missing ONE PILL or being SLIGHTLY OFF with taking the pill at the same time each day, and it can mess up the effectiveness.

Just wanted to point out that thats not correct with all pills, for example the one that i'm on (microgynon) you have a 12 hour time window to take your pill in say for example if you was supposed to take it a 12 noon and you didn't remeber untill 7.30 or whatever you would still be fully protected and what not.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    Just wanted to point out that thats not correct with all pills, for example the one that i'm on (microgynon) you have a 12 hour time window to take your pill in say for example if you was supposed to take it a 12 noon and you didn't remeber untill 7.30 or whatever you would still be fully protected and what not.

i agree with this, and she's completely right.

crazy kitten it is not fair to try to force your views on the pills effectiveness upon someone. if i'm right, the pill is 99% effective if taken properly.

yes ok, so it doesn't protect against STI's but if he trusts his partner and it's something they want to do..
  • Options
    "A guy friend of mine found that it was very difficult to climax while wearing a condom, until his bf blindfolded him and got him to wear one, without him really realising what she was doing"

Lets assume that you meant gf. :lol:

Or was it a threesome/transvestite, lol.