Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The meaning of the word flirting

What is it please?

Just curious because I was talking to a friend of mine today and someone thought that we were flirting :rolleyes: , which is a load of crap...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    different people have different definitions of what flirting is. i guess it's a case of what you personally find acceptable. some people are just naturally flirty.
  • Options
    Flirty as in your making the person laugh or feeling extremely at ease (who is not your freind or relating to trying to get a job position) and you guys start touching each other non-sexually but it has an underlying theme. However, i know some people its just their nature and they dont notice they are doing that its their innate behavior.
  • Options
    imo it's actively going about showing your attraction for another person in the way that you behave when you are with them.
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    imo it's actively going about showing your attraction for another person in the way that you behave when you are with them.

Oh, now I see why this person said what she did - whenever I'm around this person, I tend to talk alot more and tend to have a laugh with him - something I don't really have with anyone. (He usually makes some stupid remark when we talk about stuff)