Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Question about pubic hair

Is it true that if you wash your pubic hair the reason why it itches is because you've washed away some sort of bacteria? I'm sure I read this somewhere, but am not too sure if that was what exactly was said...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    no I dont think thats true. It may itch if your soap is too strong maybe, but washing there shouldnt really make it itchy.
  • Options
    Sounds like an urban myth.
  • Options
    Is it true that if you wash your pubic hair the reason why it itches is because you've washed away some sort of bacteria? I'm sure I read this somewhere, but am not too sure if that was what exactly was said...
    what ??? :confused::lol:
    do you mean with shampoo? or do you mean generaly in a shower?
    best thing to do with is wax or shave it imo.
  • Options
    It will itch if you are sensitive the product you washed with or if you haven't rinsed off the soap properly. Often if you start scratching for no particular reason, you sensitize the area and it itches even more! Shaving or waxing also causes itchiness as the hair grows back *ouch*
  • Options
    maybe you are getting confused with douching (squirting water up the vagina)? you shouldn't do that coz it can upset the balance in your vagina and cause infection.