Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fitting in new class

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Today I moved class as I had been beaten up and bullied for being 'a thick, moody slag'. The class seems like a nice mixture of people and everyone seems to be okay there. The only problem I hope to sort out is that this girl I've been friends with this girl, Alex for a while but stopped talking to eachother since xmas, as we went in different directions etc. Ever since we lost contact with eachother, I really liked the group of people she hung out with, the ones I know are cool, the ones I dont know seem okay aswell. The people I used to hang out with were arragont cows, and I'm not exepted in many other social groups. Well Alex came to sit with me in all of our lessons before lunch, she was being really friendly to me. The whole of the morning I really wanted to tell her in the best possible way without seeming pushy and all "let me hang out with you, you have no choice but to hang out with me though" that I wanted to hang with her group for the lunch..well I'm kinda shy and not good with explaining myself, so I never got round to doing it. The rest of the afternoon she didn't sit with me, I can't think of anything I had done, but it bothered me and made me paranoid.

So basicly my point is, how can I ask Alex if I can hang around with her..just for like, a trial to see if they like me and if I fit in with them? As I said I'm shy and I don't want to act pushy, I just want to hint so she knows what I mean. Please, please help. Coz I really want to fit in at school!!! x

Comments

• Options
    Just ask what she's doing at breaktime/lunchtime and take it from there....I'm sure she won't mind :) After all, she was sitting next to you and being chatty , so there's no reason why she should say no if your problems from Christmas have been more or less sorted out.
  • Options
    i think the reason she didnt return to you could have been that maybe she was trying to make the hint of u hanging out with her, but bcos u didnt say anything maybe she thinks u dont wana.
    I think the most casual was you could ask is just say to her; "hey. fancy getting somelunch today?" then when she says yeah sure, ask her if she wants to bring her mates too! i imagine that eventually it'll just become habit of u all eating together, then it'll develop from there!
    SBG
  • Options
    thanx for your help people =D. the only thing is, the group she hangs out with are very well known and popular..they're known to be quite nice, but a few of them are full on goths (not meaning to stereotype), yeah i listen to the same music, wear the same jewellery, but i have light blonde hair and they all have darker hair. im not sure whether that would matter to them as ive never been with other social groups
  • Options
    if they like you, and this girl's already talked to you, and she seems friendly, i dont seem why this would make a difference. From personal experience, people labelled as 'goths' are very nice, welcoming people.
    SBG