Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tattoo

I want to get this done(see pic below) I dont want it to be huge and stuff just a small lil thang. About 5/6cm width. I was wondering how long it would take to do and how much it would hurt lol. I know its going to hurt and that its different for everyone but I was just wondering really what it feels like.

Also how long do they take ot heal cos I want it looking swish for my birthday which is in august.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i haven't got any tattoos but i know how much it hurts depends on where you get it done.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm getting it done at the middle of the top of my back
  • Options
    id say that one would be about £40 but prices vary enormously according to how posh the shop thinks they are. For a simple tattoo like that you wouldnt necessarily need to go to an amazing one that excelled in intricate artwork, therefore charges twice the price of Dave down the road.
    I think youre looking at two to three weeks to heal properly too.
  • Options
    My friend got a tattoo on her lower back and she said it hurt quite a bit. She also has them on her arms and they didn't hurt her.

Everyone's different though so it might not bother you as much. You could always drink a few glasses of wine before hand, maybe that would help ;)
  • Options
    mr Brite has 5 tattoos and said they all hurt. The last one he was gritting his teeth and his leg kept twitching because it hurt so much (it was on his arm).
    My cousin has got a panthers head on his chest. It was originally going to be a whole panther but he wimped out and told them to put a collar on it and leave it at that LOL. couldnt handle it anymore.
  • Options
    I've heard if you get it done in the area of a bone you can feel it vibrate thorugh the bone which sound quite scary.
  • Options
    i got a similar sort of tattoo in the same place, kind of between my shoulders, cost £35 bout 3 years ago, because its close to your spine and shoulder blades you can feel it vibrating, i wouldnt say it hurt, it was kind of a nice pain. i enjoyed it anyway.

only took about 15mins to do and after about a week and a bit all the scab had fallen off and was perfect. so not that long at all, guess it depends on different people tho.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Everyone's different though so it might not bother you as much. You could always drink a few glasses of wine before hand, maybe that would help ;)
    :no: Bad advice, tattooists strongly recommend you don't drink too much the day before you get a tattoo, as it makes you bleed more...
  • Options
    You could have a couple of paracetamol before you go in.
    Its probably not necessary though. Just be brave.
  • Options
    doesn't paracetamol thin the blood aswell?? if you want a tatoo, ul just have to grin and bear it!
    SBG
  • Options
    They don't hurt as such, its like an irritating feeling. Like, if someone repeatedly poked you over and over again to get your attention and it really does your nut in? Well, it felt like that for me. Also, the outline is the most irritating. So once thats over, you can relax a bit more.

I've got one on the top of my bum - which is fleshy, but apparently one of the sorest places to have one because it doesnt get knocked about like your arms and legs, and so it isnt used to pain. It's about the size of a 50p piece... cost £30 a year ago.
  • Options
    doesn't paracetamol thin the blood aswell?? if you want a tatoo, ul just have to grin and bear it!
    SBG

Yeah, even with piercings, I was warned not to take any paracetamol till afterwards.
  • Options
    paracetamol doesnt thin the blood.
    Aspirin does.
  • Options
    ahh, ok, sorry. my mistake, thought it was paracetamol!
    SBG