Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Skin advice needed!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Help! Ive had horrible skin since i was about 13, but now im heading in2 my 20s im sick of having pimply, blotchy, yucky skin! Ive tried numerous products but nothing works! I dont have big spots or nething, jus a lot of imperfections on my forehead, cheeks and nose. Any miracle products about??

Comments

• Options
    Well if you do let me know about it cause i have the same problem. I guess i've kinda come to accpet it, i mean my face isn't as bad as when i was 14, and i reckon that the person that notices my scars/blotches the most is me anyway. And i don't look *spotty*
    My chin is the worst place but i've found if i put foundation on to cover it up it just looks worse and my cheeks can sometimes have dry blotchy patches on them, but other days my face behaves so ya know. I just do the usual face wash/face scrub and moisturise afterwards.
    But my mum had really bad acne in her 20's and i'm hoping that's not coming my way :/
  • Options
    I think the best thing you can do is just drink lots of water!
  • Options
    problem

i have the exact same problem you have. i dont really get spots but my entire face is all rough and horrible :(

ive been using some garnier exfoliating stuff over the last few weeks and its worked... ok-ish i guess!! you might want to try that and see what happens

and ive never really thought to use them, but my mum suggested the other day to use exfoliating gloves on a regular basis. ive used them about.. 7 times during the last 2 weeks or so and i actually have seen a slight improvement in my skin.. not as bumpy and looks better..
    so i definately suggest those unless you arent already using them :)
  • Options
    try having a look at this website, it has lots of good info

www.beautybible.com

Hope it helps!
  • Options
    I drink loads of water and my skin can still sometimes be spotty. It is not as bad as it used to be though.
  • Options
    Drink lots of water, and don't have fringes/hair in your face that will irritate skin and make your hair greasy. I also find that my skin is better after going to the gym, as you've sweated impurities out.
  • Options
    You could try using a face mask also, I use one once a week and I notice an improvment in my skin. I got a nice one from superdrugs.
  • Options
    If youve tried lots of stuff and it hasnt worked, maybe just go and see your doc, one lil course of their antibiotics might be enough to clear your skin
    oh and drink loads of water, and make sure your makeup isnt oily because that might be aggravating it
  • Options
    Yeah i have tried jus about evry product on the market! if anyone has problems with foundation i.e makes skin oily throughout the day, i have estee lauder double wear (£20) pricey but it lasts ages. its really matt and covers imperfections brilliantly. But the only thing tht ever clears up my skin properly is sunbathing-my skin goes lovely in the summer.
  • Options
    kitty1102 wrote:
    Yeah i have tried jus about evry product on the market! if anyone has problems with foundation i.e makes skin oily throughout the day, i have estee lauder double wear (£20) pricey but it lasts ages. its really matt and covers imperfections brilliantly. But the only thing tht ever clears up my skin properly is sunbathing-my skin goes lovely in the summer.

thought of using a sunbed every now and again?

but obviously that wouldn't be very good for your skin in other ways.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Have you tried using products that have as few additives & chemicals in them as possible? Stuff like Lush, Neals Yard, REN etc....
  • Options
    yeah i used sunbeds for a while, but then got really freaked out coz of all the horror stories that were goin around, not to mention the damage it does to your skin. I know the sun does that too, but for some reason it dusnt make me feel so guilty!