Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

SG gets all soppy

Hope the thread title didn't scare you too much. :p Anyway...

To those of you in love, or those who have been in love before...
Was there for you any particular moment when you knew you'd fallen in love with your partner, or former partner? Was there a day when you suddenly noticed "I'm falling in love with this person" or an event which started it all off? I'm just curious here.

Answering my own question, I think the moment I noticed I was in love was after going for lunch with who was then a friend of mine. I'd taken her out for lunch, we'd talked, the atmosphere was distinctly romantic. I looked at her and thought "I've fallen in love"... it all started there... :heart:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There was never one moment for me, because with my wife sexual and personality attraction were always strong, so its hard to define when fancying the arse off her became being "in love". It was certainly long before I told her I loved her.
  • Options
    I don't actually know when I fell in love with my boyfriend, but I remember the night when I knew I wanted to be with him. He had cooked me a meal which he had to ask me to help with (it was only Spaghetti Bolognese), he'd also got us some wine but didn't know what I like so he just got the most expensive one they had. The whole atmosphere was so romantic and we were so at ease with each other, I knew then I didn't want to let him go.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    There was never one moment for me, because with my wife sexual and personality attraction were always strong, so its hard to define when fancying the arse off her became being "in love". It was certainly long before I told her I loved her.

So you grew to love your wifey :p.
  • Options
    I think most people generally grow to love someone. Love is rarely love at first sight...however I have to say it probably was with my now ex fiance. The only other person i've loved/still love (I don't believe you ever fall out of love with soemone even if you're not together anymore) I grew to love over time. I fancied him from word go and we met really purely out of lust and the want of sex and from there we got to know each other and slowly fell in love although I don't think I actually realised how much I loved him till after we'd split up because whilst we were together there was a lot of heartache and agro on both parts because neither of us were ready or wanting what we had together at that time in life.
  • Options
    i've only been with my boyfriend just over 2 months, so not quite at that stage yet. within the first 3 weeks or so i did think i was in love but then something he said woke me up and i just thought no, i don't. i think it was just lust and the fact that i was having all these feelings for someone that i'd never had before. i was just getting them confused with the big L word.
  • Options
    With my girlfriend I loved her before I went out with her, strange concept really but we became really really close / good friends. And after that things just worked out. Then I don't know when exactly but when I couldn't imagine being without her I realised I'd fallen in love with her :heart:
  • Options
    I think it was about when id been with my bloke for about 2 months that i realised how i truely felt about it, but i didnt tell him for a while, cos it may sound strange, but i wanted him to say it first... So that he wasn't just saying it as "love you too" to me saying "i love you" and meaning it. Was about a month after i realised how i really felt about him, that he told me how he really felt. Made me realise that what i have with him isn't like anything else that i've had before with others, i truely mean it when i tell him that i love him, and im not just saying it cos i feel it is expected of me to say it...
    I do truely love him loads :heart:
  • Options
    The one and only time I've been in love...erm...I dunno really.

I know I told him I loved him before I actually did, but that's cause he said it first and like, I was weak and there was pressure and shizzat.

Although I also know that I am actually STILL in love with him. Which sucks arse really.
  • Options
    A few months I suppose, don't think you can really pin point where a 'fancy' turns to love. I know I shouldn't either, girls are smelly.

Stargalaxy, what's wrong with the first person? :yeees:
  • Options
    I think it is possible to fall in love at first site, or be in love, but taking some time to tell the person you love them because of nervousness (like me).
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Hope the thread title didn't scare you too much. :p Anyway...

To those of you in love, or those who have been in love before...
    Was there for you any particular moment when you knew you'd fallen in love with your partner, or former partner? Was there a day when you suddenly noticed "I'm falling in love with this person" or an event which started it all off? I'm just curious here.

Answering my own question, I think the moment I noticed I was in love was after going for lunch with who was then a friend of mine. I'd taken her out for lunch, we'd talked, the atmosphere was distinctly romantic. I looked at her and thought "I've fallen in love"... it all started there... :heart:

Yes, i still remember that day, lol... I just realised that I was in love with her then. I was thinking about her the whole day wondering if it was love or not... By the way, this is my first post after a while... hello everyone! :yippe:
  • Options
    i Think I knew Id love my ex from the moment he saw me, and he showed me his electric grin. I thought I was in love with him soon after, but looking back on it it probably wasnt for quite a while. And no matter how much I wanna stop loving him now, it doesnt seem to be happening, would kill for a cuddle off him right now :(
  • Options
    We'd gone for a long walk along the seafront and stopped in a park. We sat under a tree and he started tickling me, and there it was, wham.
  • Options
    I've only had one serious relationship and for me the problem with saying you love someone is that love is really hard for me to define. Strong feelings towards them doesn't necessarily mean love, i guess, and lust can get in the way of knowing what you true feelings were. I think the time i first realized i was in what i know as love was when we were just laying on his bed looking at the sunset (i know, *groan*-so corny) and i realized how safe i felt. it isn't something i often feel, so this was a huge deal for me.