Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

argh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You know what, I never post in this forum hardly, and then I need to twice in one week....!

Anyway, dont know if any of you guys can help. I really like this boy off my course at uni, I've only really got to know him well in the last 3 weeks or so. The first time I *properly* met him (like i'd spoken to him before, but only like a hi or whatever) was when a load of us went to town and me and him ended up in a club with a couple of others and danced together a lot and I swear he was going to kiss me on more than one occasion.

Anyway since then we've seen a lot of each other, just like going to the pub together and stuff. Half the time he's unbelievably flirty, and the other half, well he's just friendly, like a mate. We went out alone together once, on Tuesday night, and it was nice, but then one of our mates turned up a bit later and nothing happened.

Last night he invited me round to his, and we went to the pub with some others and then ended up back at his. I said i was going to stay because I didnt want to walk home, but then our mate Paul was with us, and he drives, and offered me a lift home, and i said no, I was going to stay at Mark's.

So yeah Paul left and we just sat on the bed watching tv and talking and then when it came to bedtime I joked that I'd have his bed and he could have the floor, and he agreed. So...we went to sleep, despite me subtlely (sp?!) offering him half the bed saying i'd move right up lol.

Argh, I just cant work it out. This morning we just got up and left cos he had to be at work...and I just dont know if he likes me or not. I dont want to make a move because well, I'm just not like that, and what if I've read it all wrong and he just wants to be mates! Anyone been in a similar situation? Anyone know what to do? Help!!!

Comments

• Options
    You know what, I never post in this forum hardly, and then I need to twice in one week....!

Anyway, dont know if any of you guys can help. I really like this boy off my course at uni, I've only really got to know him well in the last 3 weeks or so. The first time I *properly* met him (like i'd spoken to him before, but only like a hi or whatever) was when a load of us went to town and me and him ended up in a club with a couple of others and danced together a lot and I swear he was going to kiss me on more than one occasion.

Anyway since then we've seen a lot of each other, just like going to the pub together and stuff. Half the time he's unbelievably flirty, and the other half, well he's just friendly, like a mate. We went out alone together once, on Tuesday night, and it was nice, but then one of our mates turned up a bit later and nothing happened.

Last night he invited me round to his, and we went to the pub with some others and then ended up back at his. I said i was going to stay because I didnt want to walk home, but then our mate Paul was with us, and he drives, and offered me a lift home, and i said no, I was going to stay at Mark's.

So yeah Paul left and we just sat on the bed watching tv and talking and then when it came to bedtime I joked that I'd have his bed and he could have the floor, and he agreed. So...we went to sleep, despite me subtlely (sp?!) offering him half the bed saying i'd move right up lol.

Argh, I just cant work it out. This morning we just got up and left cos he had to be at work...and I just dont know if he likes me or not. I dont want to make a move because well, I'm just not like that, and what if I've read it all wrong and he just wants to be mates! Anyone been in a similar situation? Anyone know what to do? Help!!!

:yes: Been there, done that and going through it again!

I could ramble on for ages about it but it does sound like he's interested in you but he's afraid to make a move because he's scared of rejection - maybe he's had bad experiences or just thinks you think it might be a bit soon? Just out of interest, is he flirty in private and less so when there's other people around? I've done this before because I've been a bit scared of making an arse of myself in front of my friends. Also you tend to hit a point where you go "Shit, I've come on too strong, I'll scare her off." so you tone it right down to matey again.

If you like him, you should make a move. Most of us blokes are too thick and/or scared of causing offence to read the subtle signals women give out - I know I am! A girl really needs to hit me over the head with it with a sledge hammer before I'd feel even remotely comfortable with trying it on.

Take this girl I like at the moment, we're on the same course. We did the same module last year. I picked this presentation to do (we had to do it in pairs) the second my hand went up, hers shot right up. Then we did the presentation. We would sit next to each other and have little chats and go for walks after the seminar and once I liked her enough and was going to ask her out - there was that whole sense of expectation in the air - I think we both expected me to make a move but I bottled it. I texted her when I got home and asked her out for a drink but she said although she thought I was really nice guy she wasn't really interested.

Yet this year, we're in the same module again. The first week, I was looking for the room with a guy I know and she kept looking at me and then came up and asked me if we were going to the same room and I said yes and we went and she was chatting to me. Then we went in and sat in different places and I just thought she was being friendly - although she went in before me and I sat somewhere else. Then this week I was sat down with my friend Adam and she came over and sat one seat away from me, (there were loads of empty seats and she and her mate could have sat elsewhere) and she said hi to me and put her bag on the chair between us and kept going into it for various reasons. Then when we left, she was walking just in front of me and my mate and it was weird, it felt like she was mad at me for not talking to her, she kept looking back at me and then away and there was this atmosphere (I think anyway!) and then she went into the ladies and looked at me. So now I'm really confused as to if she was being friendly or not or what was going on. I'm going to see what happens next week but I'm still confused. I'm also going to a club I've seen her at on student night and see if she happens to be there, but I dunno what to do if I do see her, or even what to do if I see her next!

:lol: Sorry, I kinda hi-jacked your thread! But that's the male perspective on what I think is a similar situation! :)
  • Options
    wow lol these are interesting stories my gf has told me some but these are cute