Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sore Eyes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hmm. I went out on Thursday night and ended up staying out (and awake!) all night... went to work all day yesterday, and went out again last night, so effectively I didnt sleep between Wednesday night and 2am this morning. Since about 2pm yesterday, one of my eyes has been watering like mad and today its really red and swollen. I haven't worn my contacts at all so that can't be the reason why. I know it's probably tiredness, but I've had all-nighters and stuff before and never had this, so I though that it could be an infection?

Any ideas kids?

Comments

• Options
    Any ideas kids?
    *cough* thats patronising.
    however, if its watering all the time it could be an infection.
    if its just tiredness - either get some sleep! or get some saline drops from your optician. :)
  • Options
    fuck!
    it was only a comment.
  • Options
    aye, could be an infection, or something like a stye. i'd nip down the chemist and ask the pharmacist. they're good at stuff like that, and will tell you if it's serious enough to see a doctor or not.

if not, they can sell you funkily named eye ointments like goldeneye. best name ever, tbh.
  • Options
    I had the same problem, apparently my tear gland wernt working properly so i was prescribed artificial tears. Worked fine for me.
  • Options
    That goldeneye stuff made my sty turn into a cyst. Which is now a fully formed lump.
  • Options
    otter - I call everyone kid or kiddo, even my Dad. Not meant in a patronising way - I use it like the word 'mate' or 'pal'.

It's stopped watering now, but still a little swollen. Reckon I'm going to get plenty of sleep tonight and tomorrow and see how it is on Monday.

Thanks for the eye-drop tips - definitely going to look into it!
  • Options
    otter - I call everyone kid or kiddo, even my Dad. Not meant in a patronising way - I use it like the word 'mate' or 'pal'.

fair enough. i did actually mean it as a joke / passing comment.
    if you want to get saline drops, you can get about 20 for £5 at most opticians.
    you can get diferent ones if you wear contacts or you can just get them for tired eyes. - its a lovely feeling when you put them in btw. :)
  • Options
    Think you need the eye removing myself Claire. :p
  • Options
    Think you need the eye removing myself Claire. :p

Cheeky sod!
  • Options
    Heh, I'll be happy to scrape it out with my nails >:[
  • Options
    Heh, I'll be happy to scrape it out with my nails >:[

:( You love me really mate. <3
  • Options
    I do indeed. <3
  • Options
    see how you are a couple of nights of good sleep later
  • Options
    Hmm. I went out on Thursday night and ended up staying out (and awake!) all night... went to work all day yesterday, and went out again last night, so effectively I didnt sleep between Wednesday night and 2am this morning. Since about 2pm yesterday, one of my eyes has been watering like mad and today its really red and swollen. I haven't worn my contacts at all so that can't be the reason why. I know it's probably tiredness, but I've had all-nighters and stuff before and never had this, so I though that it could be an infection?

Any ideas kids?

i can sometimes get the same thing. i dont think its an infection. do you have sensitive eyes? for quick relief flush your eyes out with cold water for approximately 5 minutes...that should do the trick. :chin:
  • Options
    It seems fine and dandy today after a good nights sleep... so it must have been that I was over-tired.

Gonna go check out these eye drops today though...