Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Relief from spots

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wash my face at least once a day with a face wash cream thing, most of the time twice a day. But I am still getting spots on my face, are there any creams that will make them go quicker? Right now im using the Clearasil gone in three days thing, which works, but just not in three days.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Spots will take time to go. IF your male then try using L'Oreal Men Expert's Skin Renovator twice a week, it will get rid of dead skin and clean your pourse out. You'll need to use it over a length of time for the best results and you might even find the first time you use it you'll come out in spots but after that it will help prevent them. Just use it with a face wash for a while and see how it goes.

Also if you eat alot of greasy foods etc then you may want to cut them out. Eating greasy stuff won't help when it comes to spots.
  • Options
    Make sure you drink enough water.
  • Options
    No greasy food here, im super healthy lol. Eat way more than five portions of fruit and vegetables a day! :p

I will try and drink more water, think im not getting enough.

Thanks!
  • Options
    i got prescribed benzoyl perioxide which you can actually get over the counter with no prescription, depending on how strong you get it

BE CAREFUL!! it works by literally drying out your skin and its super-strong, if you only have a few spots use with caution. if your skin isnt really greasy it will end up drying out your skin until it flakes off :no:

best thing to do is ask your pharmacist (try boots they stock quite a range of spot-blasting products) they can give you something more effective than normal face washes and choose one to suit your skin
  • Options
    Depending on how bad they are or get you could go to the doctors. They may prescribe oral antibiotics such as oxytetracyline and combine with a topical cream called retin-a. (Retin-a-a-likes have been finding their way into beauty products due to the rejeuvinating properties.) This is a cream version of the drastic Roaccutane or isotretinoin that people may have heard of for treating severe acne.

May sound drastic but could be worth exploring if those spots don't get any better by using over the counter treatments.
  • Options
    I used one called Quinoderm when i was younger. It is very very powefull though! It got rid of all my spots within a week, but i warn you it burnt them off! I had terrible flaky skin, but they never came back.
  • Options
    I never realy had bad spots but I got a few.
    I dont think much of those cleansors anti bacterial soap is probably good anyway what I did wat so do a quick was bout 5 times a day (thats not too much) see If you do your washin the morning touch your face where you get spots just after its feels clean right wait a few hours its back to greezy so give it a quick wash with a little soap just in the areas its greezy, a few more times a day bring carefull not to over do it and have dry chapped skin, this should help
  • Options
    acne

ive had the spots for 2 years now n nothin seems to work
    however ive finalli found somethin that actuali does somethin n its so easy...probably in ur kitchen
    just add 1 n a half teaspons of cream of tartar to a glass of water n drink, yes it tastes foul so down a glass of water after it an do this 2 to 3 times a day..after about 4 days ur skins pretty clear n conture doin it for a week n they shuld b all gone! its becoz the cream cleanses ur liver majorly so u cant get spots! u can also u it as a cleanser!
    goodluk
    :) :wave: