Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Coming off anti-depressants

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been taking Lustral for 2-3 yrs now for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and i'm in the middle of stopping the medication. I came off them before after weaning 1 every other day for 2 weeks, and got the most awful side effects... dizziness, crying and palpitations etc. So went back to GP who decided to put me back on them :eek2:
I have just seen my GP again and i asked to be weaned off them again, this time i am weaning off them more slowly, apparently the one i am taking is in the group SSRI's the same group as Prozac... Which had the televised report on Panorama..... My GP says Lustral even though its in the same group has not had any withdrawal problems, but i am one of the few apparently :yuck:
My Obsessive Conmpulsive Disorder has now more or less controlled thanks to a wonderful support group and website. So hoping for no side effects from withdrawal. I would like to chat to people in the same or similar boat to me, thanks. Also any advice appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    From what I understand, when you come off anti-depressants, there are side effects. For many, it's the same side effects as you may have had when starting. I didn't have any at all when starting, and I think I'll be coming off mine within weeks or months now. So, I'll have to wait and see.