Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

mouth infections

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok i think i got 1, any1 know how i can get rid of it

Comments

• Options
    Elaborate a bit more, what kind of mouth infection?
  • Options
    i dunno, but the inside of my cheek hurts lots, i've tryed look at it in the mirror but i cant reely see it cuz its at the top, if u know wot i mean
  • Options
    Perhaps you've burnt it without realising, when eating or drinking something hot?
  • Options
    corsodyl mouthwash is your best bet if it is a mouth infection, if the pain is in 1 specific place it may be a mouth ulcer? in which case corsodyl is also the best thing to use!!

its quite expensive (about £4), you can get it over the counter or in supermarkets or if you go to the doctors they will prescribe it (only worth it if you get free prescriptions tho) and also will be able to tell you whether it is a mouth infection

if you do buy it get mint not original. mint isnt too nice but original is just :sour:
    and be prepared not to be able to taste anything for about 3 days. its good shit :shocking:
  • Options
    Or, since it is mouth related, you could try your dentist.
  • Options
    i would advise a trip to the dentist could be loads of things ;)
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    Perhaps you've burnt it without realising, when eating or drinking something hot?

If you've burnt it, doesn't it just go numb and swells up a bit? Well, that's what happened to me a few years ago when I burnt my tongue from drinking something really hot. And if it's burnt, it's best to put some ice on that area.
  • Options
    my mouth hurts sometimes, but i don't automatically think 'arrgh it's an infection'. i tend to think i've been talking to much tbh.

i'd give it a few days and see if it clears up, if not..consider going to see your dentist or something.
  • Options
    gawd. you'd know if it were a mouth ulcer. i have the world's most enormous one atm and i yelp every time i eat or drink something that isn't water :(

cause i get them all the time, i have stuff for it - it was prescribed, but ended up being cheaper over the counter - adcortyl in orabase. sounds like a foreign language. does the job though.