Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Painful penis during sex?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My younger friend has decided to confide inme after he hurt himself during sex. He said that the first time he had sex he ripped his foreskin because he wasn't wearing a condom. After a while it apparantly healed,but he told me that he had sex again without a condom and it felt like it was pulling on his foreskin and he thought it would happen again so he put a condom on, it then didn't hurt. Has anyone else every experienced this? I've never heard of this before and I just don't know what to tell him. Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    A boyfriend of mine had a simelar problem. It kinda tore around the top (ouch!). Once it healed he said it was fine.
  • Options
    Apparently, this happens to lots of guys and it's completely normal and nothing to be worried about. If it still continues to hurt during intercourse though maybe he should use come form of lubrication. Condoms are already lubricated and that is why it doesn't hurt when using a condom. You don't even need vasoline, even baby lotion does wonders when there are lack of natural juices. (Or just try more foreplay!)
  • Options
    Never use baby lotion or vaseline when using condoms! The oil will damage them and make them much more likely to split. Also, oil based products are hard to wash out of the body after sex. Use a water based lubricant instead, eg Sensilube or KY jelly.
  • Options
    Really? I thought that condoms would only split if not put on properly. And I also didn't know that it is hard for your body to wash out oil based lubricants. Boy, am I ignorant. Cheers for that.
  • Options
    To prove this whole vasaline thoery do this test:
    Take two condoms, fill them both with water, and cover one with vasaline or any other oil based product. Hold them out in front of you and I promise you, you will end up with one wet foot!
    The oil just corrodes the rubber so quickly.
  • Options
    Small warning - open cuts can pick up infections quickly, and blood can spread them just as fast.

If it isn't healing properly, tell him to go to a GP. One's penis is important, I wouldn't want mine to stop working.

Luck