Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

RedBull Headache

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone else get a headache after redbull?

I drunk 2 cans last night and when I got home had a massive headache and I rarely get headaches!!

Then looked on the net and it says 2 cans of redbull has about as much caffeine as 5 cans of cola and caffeine can cause headaches

also went to the gym today and had no energy, gave up after 8 minutes on the machines!!

Comments

• Options
    Red bull doesn't give me headaches, but it is high in caffeine, so don't drink so much next time. Try an isotonic drink at the gym, that should increase your energy levels.
  • Options
    I'm affected by the caffiene in red bull... haven't drunk enough to get a headache though...
  • Options
    Maybe I've just got a high tolerance, I dont think there is that much caffine in a Red Bull, its about 100mg isnt it? There is all the suger and some turine (sp?) in it too which will contribute.
  • Options
    redbull makes me sleep..........im sure its not supposed to do that :confused:
  • Options
    Due to the high levels of caffeine and sugar in Red Bull headaches can be a common side affect. Your body is effectivly crashing after the caffeine/sugar rush.
  • Options
    lucozade or similar is better for energy.
  • Options
    i've not had a headache taking red bull.
    but have taking pro plus.
    - both caffeine stimulants...
    and :yes: lucozade is good for energy / stimulation.

drink plenty of water to help your headache.
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Red bull doesn't give me headaches, but it is high in caffeine, so don't drink so much next time. Try an isotonic drink at the gym, that should increase your energy levels.

isotonic = pumped full of sugar ;)
  • Options
    yes they are, but they're not quite as bad.