Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pills-please inform me!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey there everyone,sorry about the lack of introduction on this site. I'm new incase you hadn't guessed and I just need a bit of information about pills. I've never done them before and I really don't understand what they actually are. What chemicals are in them exactly and do they vary a lot between the different varieties? (i.e. what's the difference between doves and snowballs?) Please help me and apologies for the naivity!
Thanks, *Shiny_things*

Comments

• Options
    pddrugs24mg.gif
  • Options
    poisonfairy is right: the active ingredient in pills is MDMA (3,4 Methylenedioxymethamphetamine), but pills can often contain anything from MDMA, speed, and other crap.

The first thing I'd say is not to go by the 'varieties' (logos) on them. Pill strength can vary, even within the same batch. Doves, MTVs, smilies....it doesn't matter. As mentioned earlier, get a pill testing kit to help minimise the risk a bit.

If you or a friend is thinking of taking some, there are a few things to mention. Firstly, don't do it if you've any history of depression or similar. The aftereffects from pills can exacerbate any latent or non-latent depression issues.

Secondly, if you are going to take them, be sure that:
    1. You're sure you want to - don't succumb to peer pressure;
    2. The first time you do them, do them in a safe environment in which you're comfortable;
    3. Take half a pill to start off with, and wait an hour or so. If you feel fine, do the other half;
    4. If you've any friends who're experienced with pills, maybe have them around when you do it?

edited to add:
    Go and look on Pillreports to see whether a certain batch in your area is well-received or not. To be fair, I often suspect that dealers use that site to try and give their batch of pills a good report, but then that might be me being paranoid. :)
  • Options
    Ingredients

God - these days they're probably 1% MDMA and 99% crap.
    I mean - the fact that they used to be £15 and they are now £3 should be a fair giveaway - whereas no other drugs have changed price over the years.

Also, people used to be quite happy with one for the whole night, and now people are more likely to take 5 and still be feeling the come down beofr ethey catch the last train home.

Be warned - the come down from pills is a nasty nasty nasty feeling.
    It's like being dumped.
    It's like when you click Log Off on your computer and the desktop picture starts to fade to black and white. It's really horrible. Makes you wanna cry.

I shudder at the memory!
  • Options
    Solan wrote:

no other drugs have changed price over the years.

!
    all drugs are down in price.
  • Options
    Solan wrote:
    I mean - the fact that they used to be £15 and they are now £3 should be a fair giveaway - whereas no other drugs have changed price over the years.

Like morrocan roll says, everything's come down in price. I would imagine it's largely because of the boom in useage.
  • Options

Well maybe a bit. But not in the same dramatic way that Es did.

Es dropped from around £15 to under £5 in a few short years - where as coke and hash and skunk have only dropped by a few pounds in over a decade. It's totally different, don't you think?

(Maybe I was getting it all from the wrong people??!!)
  • Options
    heroin has gone from around eighty quid a gram to forty quid ...coke has gone from being the drug of the rich to the drug of the streets.
  • Options
    Yeah - but over how many years? That's my point.
  • Options
    Solan wrote:
    Yeah - but over how many years? .
    fairly rapidly but does it matter?
    all illegal drugs are down in price and ever more available.
  • Options

OK.
    I stand corrected.

(again!)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Solan wrote:

Actually I think you'll find the quality has stayed pretty steady. I remember seeing a number of articles with test results from different years and that's certainly what they suggested.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Used to do them years ago when they were mostly MDMA, they're nothing like that now so it's hard to explain what you'll experience from one type to the next. These days I need 4 - 10 in 1 night depending on the type and most that work give me blurred vision and a feeling of comfort, though not the loved up happy feeling MDMA gave.

The good ones make music amazing, it goes through your whole body and if you close your eyes you can actually visualise each sound. Some just knock me out and I've had total blackouts for 30 mins to an hour, dont know if I was asleep or awake.

I dont know what crap they put in them now, really it's best to do some research on that kind of thing but I just take the plunge and havent had any physical problems (so far) from any. The comedown is usually not too bad but a few have left me with LSD type visuals in my head trying to sleep, and thats quite uncomfortable.

Overall they're good but the effects vary alot.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    There is some information on Ecstacy in the Drugs Safety section of theSite, in particular this page.
  • Options
    Solan wrote:

I know you are new, but you might want to ask questions if you dont know what you are talking about, rather than making statements.

Pills will always have a large percentage of inert filler, otherwise it wont fit together.

The price has fallen because of increased production and stagnant demand.

Pills are cheap to make, it just used to be the profit margin was a lot better than it is now.

Most pills are MDMA and the more wierd varients dont crop up very often, ketamine and amphetamine are relatively rare now. MDEA is almost unheard of anymore.

It is really only MDA which seems to be the most common adultarant, many pills contain a trace amount but others more.

This explains the LSD type hallucinations and lack of sleep someone reports above.
  • Options
    Cheers!

Thanks guys you've been a lot of help! :) I'm looking into it all around my area now and i've found people who have good pill sources which i shall be trying out! Thanks again x
  • Options

Well how fabulous. We now have another happy bunny bouncing off to go and buy drugs. Wohoo!
    So that's what this site is about, eh?
    I must have read the mod rules all wrong. :no:

And to clarify my point earlier, BongBuddha.... I call all the things you listed... (MDA, MDEA, ketamine, amphetamine, etc) crap, because that's what I think they all are. I know that's just my personal opinion - but that's why I said it.

It's like - if someone was saying, "I want to blow my brains out, but I don't know which gun to use," is there really any point in going in to the finer details of different bullets? Will it really make any difference to the person wanting to pull the trigger?

If there's a valid and important point to the last 2 pages, then please enlighten me. And will it help if shiny_things can tell the ambulance crew the ingredients of the pill if she/he ODs and is rushed to hospital?

And do we know that shiny_things isn't ten-years-old? (no offence, s_t!)
  • Options
    Where in the Mod rules does it say "You must not give out advice"?

Moreover, your analogy of someone blowing their brains out is innacurate, misleading and - quite frankly - a load of fucking codshit.

If someone wants to take drugs, surely it's best for them to do so under the most educated conditions possible, rather than running in blindly on the strength of urban myth and uncertainty?

Also, your analogy about blowing brains out implies that every drug will kill you outright. That is tantamount to scare tactics.

And whether this person is 10 or 70, we:

a) cannot stop them taking drugs, and

b) if they're going to, they might as well make an informed decision.

If you want a valid and important point, how about "education over misinformation".

Jesus.
  • Options
    Solan wrote:

If there's a valid and important point to the last 2 pages, then please enlighten me. And will it help if shiny_things can tell the ambulance crew the ingredients of the pill if she/he ODs and is rushed to hospital?

And do we know that shiny_things isn't ten-years-old? (no offence, s_t!)

Can we stop anyone buying drugs by saying dont? No. I have tried in the past and it hasnt worked (see my efforts with Shogun and pill use).

As for OD'ing from pills, thats unlikely and if they take the precautions which have been layed out even less likely. What we are trying to do is provide people with all the knowledge we have to reduce the risk.

We could quite easily just say 'dont do it, its dangerous' but I have a feeling that wouldnt work.

This site is about harm reduction, yes people might go off and try drugs after learning about them on here, but they hopefully will do it in a slightly safer way than they would have without us.

As for this posters age, unless I know its under 18 then frankly its none of my business. I have been VERY forward in my view about under age people using drugs and I think I have made it very clear in the past why this is a bad idea.

Yes it would be safer if the people visiting this site didnt go off and take drugs, but then how realistic is that?

That and some of us feel passionately that drugs can actually provide people with deeply possitive experiences. Yes there are risks, but thats why I try and give as detailed answers to questions as I possibly can.

I hope that goes some way to explaining why we do what we do.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Solan wrote:

Well how fabulous. We now have another happy bunny bouncing off to go and buy drugs. Wohoo!
    So that's what this site is about, eh?
    I must have read the mod rules all wrong. :no:

We don't encourage people to buy drugs we just tell it the way we see it.
    It's a lot more helpful then 'Just Say No' and false statements about the content of pills.
    Sharing experiences and being able to talk openly is all about harm reduction.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    sloar ...can i remind you of the facts ...only around 10% of people who indulge in illegals go on to have problems.

i will get round to looking at your form filling thing but i'm afraid i drove another 800 miles today so am nackered again.

thing is ...i'm getting a little wary of what i'm going to find.
  • Options
    If I came to this site asking what a drug is like, I'd want to know what effect it's going to have on me so I can make an informed decision for myself. Blacking out and not being able to sleep because of funky shit flying around in your head is hardly fun but it's never really been bad either. If he wants to do it after reading that then he'd have tried it anyway and on the rare occasions it starts feeling bad it's easily controlled with pills unlike shrooms or acid.
  • Options
    Solan wrote:
    It's like - if someone was saying, "I want to blow my brains out, but I don't know which gun to use," is there really any point in going in to the finer details of different bullets? Will it really make any difference to the person wanting to pull the trigger?
    [/COLOR]

obviously havne't got a clue what you're talking about...

here's a better analogy i would use...

it's like-if someone was saying "i want to skydive to get a good buzz but i don't know what the safest method and best parachute is to use, could you please tell me so my skydive is safe and enjoyable" and yes i would go into the finer details to provide them with it...grow up!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    it's like-if someone was saying "i want to skydive to get a good buzz but i don't know what the safest method and best parachute is to use, could you please tell me so my skydive is safe and enjoyable" and yes i would go into the finer details to provide them with it...grow up!

Except of course that skydiving is more dangerous.
  • Options

Okay - okay. Chill guys!
    I feel like I have just had a cyber slapping!
    I'm not trying to start a riot here - I'm just talking the way I talk.

Okay - maybe the gun...head...blowing analogy was too strong. And the sky-diving analogy was a much better example of the way people feel. (Damn! I wish I'd thought of that one!)

I just get carried away, okay? So please bear with me. I've lost a fair few friends to drugs and alcohol and I just get worried about everybody. Call it an out-of-control mothering instinct or whatever.

So - I apologise for freaking everbody out... and I'll try and think before I type in future! okay?

Oh - and Morrocan Call, don't worry about the questionaire. I'm not a loony or anything. And if you don't wanna do, it just scrap it. Or.... you could educate me! Heh heh!!