Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eyelash perming

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone had this done? Was the outcome of it good? I'm thinking of having mine done as they are a pain to curl

Comments

• Options
    Eyelash perming??

Ive never heard of that. Ive heard of Eyelash darkening cuz my mom gets it done. It works pretty good.
  • Options
    Have never had it done, and as far as Im aware not every beauty salon is doing this yet... so you might have to root around for one. depends where you live i suppose.

It only lasts for about 8 weeks anyway... and for the amount you pay for it is it really worth it?

have a look at this
  • Options
    Eye lash perming - its good but be careful

Hiya

I am a beauty therapist and carry out eyelash perming. If it is done by a qualified individual there should be no pain and it should look good. A small rod is stuck to your upper lid with a very mild glue. The top lashes are rolled around the rod and a very mild perming solution is applied. The lashes only bend around the rod and don't actually curl around it. Its nothing like the solution used by hairdressers. If the therapist is good, they will have taken precautions such as eye guards and barrier cream. They will also make sure the lashes are individually wrapped round the roller and not crossed over each other. The solution is a gel so it doesnt run into your eye. After 10 minutes the solution is washed off and a neutraliser applied. Once this is done everything is thoroughly washed off and your lashes curl upwards.

Only words of warning would be - pick a reputable salon and keep your eyes closed when they say keep your eyes closed.

Hope this helps, Janie :thumb:
  • Options
    This thread is 2 years old :|
  • Options
    This thread is 2 years old :|

Nevermind, my question has finally been answered. :)