Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Calling all pill users...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wanna go on the pill soon but I'm worried about the side effects of both types. I am particularly worried about weight gain. I'm not naturally a large person - I have a good figure, but I'm scared that will all change as soon as I go on the pill. Is weight gain common?
Luv *Miss Sophis*

Comments

• Options
    I put on a bit of weight but no huge amounts.I reckon though at the end of the day the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
  • Options
    I didnt put on weight at all, but I did experience a week or two of depression and some bleeding between cycles. However, the advantages definately outweigh the advantages, and after the first month I had no problems whatsoever.
  • Options
    I also put on weight which was a pain in the arse to loose, but diet food is cheaper then condoms

• Options
    The pill increases your appetite for the first 2 or 3 months. So you might eat more. Just try to eat a balanced diet for a few weeks and you will be OK. Don't get too hung up on your weight!