Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weight-loss: the junkies way

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Weight loss is one of those modern obsessions in our ever-fattening society. Millions are spent on diet books and gym memberships all in an attempt to lose a few pounds. And usually it is totally unsuccessful and a load of shite.

However, and I'm not advocating this at all, I've seen some pretty over-weight people lose alot of weight through drug taking. This isn't chronic use or anything. Just some pills and a bit of clubbing. From personal experience, a couple of years ago I went to a 2-day clubbing event, and lost half a fucking stone. My jeans barely fitted.

I have never needed to diet but I have always thought that if I were in that situation then what better way to lose weight than going for a bit of mad clubbing with a few yokes. Beats diets and exercise any day. It's obviously not the healthiest option, and I wouldn't recommend to anyone who was over-weight, but it certainly is effective.

Comments

• Options
    i'm not sure about this but i think MDMA was originally patented as a wieght loss drug and it does work, well i'm a skinny person anyway so i've never noticed it but i do have a lot of mates who have lost loads, downside of that, their heads are all minced to bits but it would be effective if used right...
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    Weight loss is one of those modern obsessions in our ever-fattening society. Millions are spent on diet books and gym memberships all in an attempt to lose a few pounds. And usually it is totally unsuccessful and a load of shite.

However, and I'm not advocating this at all, I've seen some pretty over-weight people lose alot of weight through drug taking. This isn't chronic use or anything. Just some pills and a bit of clubbing. From personal experience, a couple of years ago I went to a 2-day clubbing event, and lost half a fucking stone. My jeans barely fitted.

I have never needed to diet but I have always thought that if I were in that situation then what better way to lose weight than going for a bit of mad clubbing with a few yokes. Beats diets and exercise any day. It's obviously not the healthiest option, and I wouldn't recommend to anyone who was over-weight, but it certainly is effective.

:chin:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    i'm not sure about this but i think MDMA was originally patented as a wieght loss drug and it does work, well i'm a skinny person anyway so i've never noticed it but i do have a lot of mates who have lost loads, downside of that, their heads are all minced to bits but it would be effective if used right...

Yea, Ampethetamines were used in WWII as appetite suppressants. Obviously you'd need to dose carefully and be sensible but I'm sure it could be an effective (if unorthodox) weight-loss treatment.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    Yea, Ampethetamines were used in WWII as appetite suppressants. Obviously you'd need to dose carefully and be sensible but I'm sure it could be an effective (if unorthodox) weight-loss treatment.

true...i think a lot more research needs to be done, especially long term effects before you'd give people MDMA as a weight loss pill but good in theory i'll admit...
  • Options
    yeah i lost 5 stone that way - and you can bitch about how unhealthy it is - but think about it, would you rather die of a heart attack from obesity.....or from mad partyin??]

i dont regret it for a minute........and it hasnt done me any harm any harm any harm any harm RABITTS!!!!

:thumb: :D
  • Options
    From speed that is not mdma fookin ell i aint that rich !!!
  • Options
    creampie wrote:
    From speed that is not mdma fookin ell i aint that rich !!!

you must be on about MDMA powder...pills cost next to nothing...
  • Options
    Well yeah i was - were you lot talkin bout pills were you? fook me i cant do more than 2 in a weekend or i throw up - still THEN I WOULD LOSE WEIGHT !!!
  • Options
    creampie wrote:
    Well yeah i was - were you lot talkin bout pills were you? fook me i cant do more than 2 in a weekend or i throw up - still THEN I WOULD LOSE WEIGHT !!!

Lightweight ;)
  • Options
    yep - but its cheaper that way!!
  • Options
    lost about 2 stone in the last year from e's and speed

speed espically, and i took a lot more e's than speed..
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:

MDMA was developed my MERCK in 1912 and was basically left on a shelf because they couldnt really find anything decent to do with it, its development was part of a heart medicine programme, but as you can guess it wasnt good at that.

Methamphetamine and Amphetamine were given to troops in WWII and other wars up untill the present day to keep them awake for long periods.

Amphetamine was given mainly to Allied troops where as the Germans favored Methamphetamine because they had developed a new method of producing the drug. This has led to its slang term as 'nazi speed' under the false view that it was invented by the Nazis.

Large amounts of amphetamines of all sorts were prescribed as diet pills and anti-depressants during the 50's and to some extent the 60's before the evidence came out about addiction and problems.

Also the massive use of Meth and Amphetamine by American troops in Vietnam is thought to have led to some of the irrational and illegal bombings of civilain areas because of the side effects of the drug.

I hope that helps.
  • Options
    Am i the only person who didn't lose weight taking pills?
    For afew months i was taking it once a week and for the day I took it and the day after I wouldn't eat anything but then for the rest of the week I pretty much couldn't stop eating, and so my weight went up and down alot but slowly it still went up.
    I think speed was a different story altogether, though I can't be sure as it was so long ago I can't really remember.
  • Options
    I didnt, I dont think, but then I was underweight anyway so it was probably a good thing I didnt loose weight.

I went down to 8 stone on amphetamine though, that probably wasnt all that clever.
  • Options
    i find using it habitually now i get real bad hunger pangs not long after - which (being an experienced chem head) makes me instinctively eat despite not feeling like it cos it reminds me of the "havent eaten for too long" hunger pangs ......

even if i had a big meal not long before :confused:
  • Options
    I do think that it would work but i dont know where to get it. im not thi skinniest person and would love to lose a bit of weight, but there has obviously got to be some risks to taking illigal pills??
  • Options
    mememe wrote:
    but there has obviously got to be some risks to taking illigal pills??

legal prescription drugs are also dangeorus....chemicals are chemicals full stop...no one knows what they're doing to your head....
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    mememe wrote:
    I do think that it would work but i dont know where to get it. im not thi skinniest person and would love to lose a bit of weight, but there has obviously got to be some risks to taking illigal pills??

It certainly wouldn't be recommended as a method of weigth loss, there are too many side effects if that is what you are primarily using it for.

I must say I don't really like the suggestion in this thread that taking MDMA or amphetamines is a good way to loose weight, because that isn't true.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    I must say I don't really like the suggestion in this thread that taking MDMA or amphetamines is a good way to loose weight, because that isn't true.
    All due respect intended here LadyJade, but I get the idea from other posts that mememe's comment may not have been entirely serious. :)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    LadyJade wrote:

It's an easy way way to lose weight - just not a 'good' way.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i met models who used to purchase tape worm!
    seriously.
    is there anything you can't buy these days?
  • Options
    i met models who used to purchase tape worm!
    seriously.
    is there anything you can't buy these days?
    they used to do that back in the victorian days... it stays alive and consumes the food your eating so your body isn't getting the nourishment from your food so you loose weight...... wierd :yeees: