Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Jeans

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm wanting to get some new jeans..not of the "tight" kind, but not of the "baggy" kind either. I was thinking of some levis anti-fit..but not sure. Any of you know of any comfy yet sexy jeans?

I'm female btw.

Comments

• Options
    new look do sum great jeans at the mo and come wi sum brill chunky belts. theyve got a great selection and are between 15 and 30 quid. bargin id say
  • Options
    Im sat in pair of new look jeans right now, was shocked at how good their range is the other week when I was in (and im sure their sizes are really generous too, only just found this out so am gonna shop there more often for that feel good buzz of the smaller size fitting!!)
  • Options
    I'm not a huge fan of new look jeans, or even the shop really. Topshop ones are nicer/better made and they have them boy fit ones in at the minute which you might like.

Or your best bet might be to go around a department store like debenhams because they have each of the different sections in them topshop/DP/oasis etc. Then you can find and compare. Wooo.
  • Options
    The best jeans in my opinion are Gap `long and lean`. They are really comfy because the denim is incredibly soft, and they are really flattering.
  • Options
    The best jeans in my opinion are Gap `long and lean`. They are really comfy because the denim is incredibly soft, and they are really flattering.

:yes: Gap jeans are fab! I love that they are nice and soft - one thing I hate is hard denim (like topshop).

If you're on a tight budget or just fancy saving some money TK Max is always really good as well. If you're gonna look there you need to give yourself plenty of time tho cos the sizes are always a bit wonky and so you need to try lots of pairs on until you find ones that are ok.
  • Options
    :chin: how much are these gap jeans? im needing some new ones that are comfy and cant stand stretchy ones but get claustrophobic in tight ones!
  • Options
    about £45, although they do come up on ebay often, but you have to watch the sizing on ebay because people dont understand gap sizing and then just put what they think the size is. For instance im a gap 4 which is supposed to be a UK 8, but ive seen people on there say that the jeans are a size 0 or a size 2 which they `reckon is about an 8`, when in actual fact theyre a uk 4 or 6.
  • Options
    http://secure.www.gap.com/asp/dept_index_all_paging.asp?wdid=2010
    what I like about them apart from the softness of the denim, is the fact they sit low on the waist, but theyre not so low rise that your arse smiles at everyone when you sit down. They are exactly right.
  • Options
    sounds good, i may have a bit of trouble with sizing though as i am normally a size 12 hips but sometimes size 12 jeans expect me to have a big bum and i dont. so i end up with saggy arse jeans when i wear them low.
  • Options
    well id personally go for a gap size 6 then which is a uk 10, as I think they do come up slightly big. I mean the 4s fit me perfectly which is supposed to be an 8, but usually im inbetween sizes (a perfect size 9 lol) Youll only know if you try them on in the shop.
  • Options
    If you buy Gap jeans off ebay, make sure to read any measurements carefully, and even ask for extra measurements if you're not sure. Their sizes are american style - which roughly translates as 'whatever we feel like on the day'.

I'm a UK 6/8, and Gap thinks this means i should wear a 2 or 4 in their sizes, but I don't. Sometimes the 1s are too loose. The 4s fall to the ground around my feet.

When I worked in Gap, the sizing was always a huge point of debate. Especially the smaller sizes. 0s were usually tiny, then a huge jump to 1s and 2s, which were the same size, near enough, and then a huge jump to the 4s.

also, levis anti fit = rip off. buy 501s in the next size up. that's all they are.
  • Options
    I always seem to end up buying new look jeans as they always fit the best. I used to be a topshop devotee but over the last 6 years i think their quality has gone down hill compared to what it used to be and i don't believe in paying £40+ for a poor fit and average quality. But then that's just me. I just get pissed off that none of their styles fit me. ;)
  • Options
    Topshop - Boy Jeans. £40. Got some, love them.
  • Options
    I'd have to agree - topshop jeans seem to fit the best. Levis always have a gaping gap at the back for me..... Topshop do the extra long 36 inch which is what i need and most places only make them long enough to go halfway between my knee and ankle which isn't a nice look!
  • Options
    topshop jeans are so not worth the money though. and some of the styles don't flatter many people. they have a tendency to make your ass look several times bigger than it actually is. unless you're really skinny, and then they make you look like you don't have an ass.

i have some of the boy fit ones, and although i love the style, they are really shoddily made, and weird fitting.
  • Options
    They are expensive.

Miss sixty ones are rubbish in my experience too and they are even more expensive. I was trying some on once in House of Fraser and I tried to pull them up and used the belt loop and ripped them both straight off - whoops!!

Some of their other brand Killah ones are ok and nice fitting, but you have to get a size bigger than you really are as the italian sizes are tiny!
  • Options
    You may laugh, but I found some really nice ones in peacocks the other day. They fit really well and they were soft. And, although they were low rise, they didn't show the whole of ur bum when u sat down or bent over. And they were only £15.