Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ghengis Kahn

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone watch this program on BBC 1, I thought it was really good, I always thought the Romans had the biggest empire ever, well thats what i got told,

and 1 in 200people are related to him.. WOW...

overall brillient program
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    ...and 1 in 200people are related to him.. WOW...

That's a LOT of raping and pillaging. :yes:

I agree, overall it was rather good. Bit of an anticlimax ending though I thought, considering the rest was quite in-depth? Maybe it's just me.
  • Options
    yes... it could've have been another hour longer... easily...

I mean they could have gone ALOT more indepth with the rest of the program, probably dodgy budget, ;(
  • Options
    They are trying to become a seperate minority in, Hungury I think, they have about 20,000 signitures and soon they will come recognised by the government.
  • Options
    Who are?
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    Anyone watch this program on BBC 1, I thought it was really good, I always thought the Romans had the biggest empire ever, well thats what i got told,

overall brillient program

No it was the British empire by a long way both in tearms of size and number of people, think Australia, India half of Africa,
  • Options
    Rape and pillage rule.
  • Options
    wrong.. they had a empire 4times the size of the Roman and was bigger than the British
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    They are trying to become a seperate minority in, Hungury I think, they have about 20,000 signitures and soon they will come recognised by the government.

I think your getting your rapers and pillagers muddled up. :)

Its descendants of Atilla the Hun who are trying to get recognised by the Govt.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4435181.stm
  • Options
    it streched from mongolia to eastern europe if i remeber those silly bits of general knowledge i have a knack for...
  • Options
    NQA wrote:

Maybe they're Rappers and Villagers?

Yeah I'm bored.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    wrong.. they had a empire 4times the size of the Roman and was bigger than the British
    settle it...in a duel :yes:
  • Options
    Ghengis Kahn would pwn anyone other warriors ass
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    Ghengis Kahn would pwn anyone other warriors ass

What a god-awfully stupid thing to say. :razz:

(+1).
  • Options
    I will not deny that Ghengis Kahn was a brilliant leader, however, the Romans had their fair share of combattants. In turn their technology was vastly superior to the Chinese and Mongol tribes, thus extremely difficult and different warfare.
  • Options
    You cant really compare the mongal and romans, due to the fact that they are different Era's for examples Romans is mainly before BC and a little after whereas the Mongals was about 1100-1200 AD am i right?
  • Options
    NQA wrote:

Its descendants of Atilla the Hun who are trying to get recognised by the Govt.

Yeah, well, I'm sure the Mongols are doing something too, they told me.

And anyway, the British Empire wasnt comparable with any other Empire, it was one built on trade and industry not pure might.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:

I believe what they actually said is that it is CLAIMED that 1 in 200 are descended from the man, although how they could possibly know that is beyond me. I think it's more likely that perhaps 1 in 200 have genetic markers of Mongols. I wouldn't be surprised if I did, I have epicanthal folds and a blue spot birthmark.
  • Options
    I disagree.

Ghengis Khan* was a grade-A mong.

I think he realised this himself when it suddenly dawned on him that in order to become powerful, you need money. In order to get money, you need people. Instead of making silly villagers work for him and generate some cashflow, he thought it better to slaughter the lot of them.

Really; it got to the point where women were swallowing their jewelry when they heard of his arrival. Most normal people would wait a few days for them to get on the shittus - Not our Ghengy. Much better to wade through their spewed guts than their faeces.
  • Options
    You have to be careful with the Mongal hoards, much of the myths which surround them are just that.

He was the first leader to understand propaganda, he spread myths of his own, and made up evil acts to scare people.