Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What Hair Product

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Got my hair cut yesterday and for once it looks really cool the problem is i dont know what hair product to use on it. Normally i use a gel or wax but because my hair is really thick (afro like) it dries out through the day. This happened with the stuff the hairdresser used to. So what product do you suggest for really thick hair to keep it in place all day.

Someone did tell me about a product called black and white which is used on alot of afro hair but i cant find it anywhere and dont actually know what its like. Any help in advisng me what to use will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    well the black and white stuff can be found on this website if thats any help here
  • Options
    Dax Wave & Groom

Its deadly stuff, once in its hard to get out but its really good stuff.
  • Options
    I use fish wax stick
  • Options
    My mate has afro hair and he uses moisteriser on his hair and it stays in place all day and has even kept it in place during a gig.
  • Options
    Superdrug does black and white although I have used it and thought is was shite.

Dax Wax - great stuff lasts for weeks [not kidding!!] It is a bugger to get out although I have found a way to get it out.

Buy a metal nit comb and when washing your hair, comb through with the nit comb. Amazingly it comes out as it went in although I have never re-used it but you probably could. It is only £1.69 from Savers, everywhere else it is about £2.69.

Love the Stuff. :thumb:
  • Options
    APatel wrote:
    I use fish wax stick

oh god, i had that once..totally fell in love with it.
  • Options
    oh god, i had that once..totally fell in love with it.

yeh quite expenisive though.

i used "got 2b glued" it comes in a yellow tub and litterally is like pva glue. You can buy it from superdrug for £3 and mine has last me about 6months because you only need to used a tiny bit. Will style your hair very well. And is the most waterproof gel ive ever come across which is a bonus when your at a foam party or something
  • Options
    I have been using "Fish molding wax". Its good cos it smells of coconut, but makes your hair look greasy, not shiny as it shud. But it also doesn’t hold your hair, after half n hour it just falls over? The best thing I have found is somefin called "ICE Spiker" by wicked grip, only seen it in my hairdresser’s but it is PVA based and sticks like fuck.