Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

headaches..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i was getting really bad headaches around my eyes and forehead. i went to the optitions who changes my prescription of my contact lenses. i have been wearing them for almost a week but im still getting headaches. how long does it take for your eyes to adjust?or could it be other reasons for these headaches?? really starting to annoying me cos it also sometimes makes me feel dizzy and sick.

Comments

• Options
    it really sounds like your contacts are the wrong prescription or they are in the wrong eyes!
  • Options
    Sinusitis?

My wee bro had this - had terrible pain in his forehead and just below his eyes [where the sinuses are].

BTW - do you suffer from Hayfever?
  • Options
    yes i do suffer from hayfever, mainly in my eyes! but its never given me headaches, just stinging eyes. tbh didnt even think of hayfever!
  • Options
    I had mild headaches when I first got contact lenses. But major ones are a cause for concern.

Can you describe the pain? For example, is it a sharp or dull pain?
  • Options
    its like a constant ache but i sometimes get sharpe pains aswell.its also making me feel sick and dizzy sometimes. i have tried drinking loads of water but it doesnt seem to help. i have worn contacts for a year and a half and had the prescription changed aswell.its only been in the last 2 weeks or so. im only guessing it could be my contacts as it is around my eyes and my forehead.
  • Options
    Don't jump to conclusions. I f you have hayfever, you may have sinusitis, where the sinuses get inflammed and blocked with fluid.

Pain is felt over the cheeks, forehead or the bridge of the nose. There may be partial nasal blockage and green catarrh. The pain is more severe in acute sinusitis.

From here

Make an appointment with your doc.
  • Options
    I have those (aswell as migraines, and just general headaches) i take Co-Codamol.

With me it's the stressed i am the less frenquent the headaches are.
    Painkillers are a must for me though. It's just finding the right ones is all..
  • Options
    I have a headache every day...

Hi, I suffer with headaches too. I have one every day when i wake up, its like a dull ache sumtimes (like wen uve had too much sleep), but sumtimes i get sharp throbbing pains in various places on my head. Ive been to the doc's about 6 times with it, and hes finally referred me to the hospital! If anyone has any idea what this could be, id be grateful! ps, its not sinusitus or migraine-already checked that.
  • Options
    try not wearing them for half a day or so and see if your headaches start to subside. if it is your contacts - they are probably too strong for your eyes. go back and talk to your optician, again.