Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Despise any of the popular brands?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are the popular brands you wouldn't be seen dead in?

For me, the obvious ned brands spring to mind immediately: Burberry, Rockport, Henri Lloyd, Fred Perry etc.

But then there are others that I'm not particularly fond of but I see on every bastard about.

Old Glory - Shite poser-boy over the top tat.

FCUK - Pretentious

Superdry - Bench wannabee

Sonneti - Diesel wannabee

Anything from Topman - Shite

There are others but I'll not go mad. :p

Comments

• Options
    I wouldnt be seen dead in any sporty brands like `nike` or adidas etc.
  • Options
    Burberry, Reebok, Adidas, Nike, etc.

And the whole fcuk thing is getting boring now.
  • Options
    Chavs and the obviously lazy and fat wearing sporty gear is clearly just for posing, it bothers me. But I buy addidas (insert other sports brands also) because it's actually good to play sport in, that's the only time I wear it though.
  • Options
    Yea I wasn't including sports brands because they are actually good to wear to the gym, playing sport etc. so I will buy them in small quantities.
  • Options
    any co. that uses real fur and Kappa. If I like the outfit, I will wear it.

Love Bench and Golddigga at the mo :D
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Chavs and the obviously lazy and fat wearing sporty gear is clearly just for posing, it bothers me. But I buy addidas (insert other sports brands also) because it's actually good to play sport in, that's the only time I wear it though.
    so u dont mind slim chavs then?

nothing wrong with sports clothes, as long as you're comfortable in what you wear, who cares enough to dig at others when talkin' about their clothes.
    I don't like gothic or east asian clothes but they don't bother me :D
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    What are the popular brands you wouldn't be seen dead in?

Anything from Topman - Shite

:p
    oh i love this shop....it's great for dresses n tops n shoes.....i'm about to stop before i mention eveything they sell!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    oh i love this shop....it's great for dresses n tops n shoes.....i'm about to stop before i mention eveything they sell!

Topshop may be grand, in fact I'm sure it is from what I hear from female friends but Topman is shite.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    so u dont mind slim chavs then?

Actually, they were two separate catagories.
  • Options
    I find that rude..I am a bit fat and I sometimes wear sports clothes purely because they are comfortable and I don't want to dress up all the time.
  • Options
    I find that rude..I am a bit fat and I sometimes wear sports clothes purely because they are comfortable and I don't want to dress up all the time.

It's hardly rude. Its personal taste.
  • Options
    It seems to me that he's saying it's ok for thin people to wear sports clothes (despite the fact that they may be lazy and unfit) but not okay for fat people to wear sports clothes.
  • Options
    I don't really like fred perry things or henry loyd or any kinda of the 'expensive' chav makes.

I'm not overly fussed by brands myself i mean, i've got tops from Tesco and Primark, they are just as good but half the price ;)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I've got some Henri Lloyd stuff but then my old man into sailing in a big way and everyone in my familly owns a Musto or Henri Lloyd jacket.

I wear sports gear quite a bit but the only trackies I own are for fishing.
    I wear white classics and have a pair of Rockies too.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    It seems to me that he's saying it's ok for thin people to wear sports clothes (despite the fact that they may be lazy and unfit) but not okay for fat people to wear sports clothes.

Sports clothes. Geddit?
  • Options
    i wear whatever i like the look of

but i wont wear something for the name on it.

i buy clothes for the fit, the fabric and the colour. Not the massive logo on the front.

I would rather go shopping in primark than fcuk or anywhere like that.

the only thing i own that has a clear brand is a goldigga hoody. Oh and my vans and dc trainers.
  • Options
    I generally despise blatant logo's/labels.
    Especially those jeans with 'BENCH' written just above the arse.
    Naffness.
  • Options
    Smash wrote:
    Naffness.

aye. a lot of bench stuff is like that lately, which is a shame, cause i love the cut of the stuff. i just don't need the whole world to know it's bench. same with HOOCH stuff. just unecessary, and quite chavtastic.
  • Options
    Smash wrote:
    Naffness.
    oh me too. Thats one make i wouldnt wear purely because of the huge brand name slapped across the fabric
  • Options
    i wear mainly sports clothes..though i wear jeans and all that aswell...don't like the look of burberry though...no real dislike of anything major...if i like the look of it i'll buy it...simple as
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    i wear mainly sports clothes..though i wear jeans and all that aswell...don't like the look of burberry though...no real dislike of anything major...if i like the look of it i'll buy it...simple as

Same here.
    The only piece of burberry I own is wax jacket for beating and shooting - simply because it's a quality bit of kit.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Yea, I'd never wear anything with a massive logo across the front or anything like that. I buy the brand because it's good stuff and I like it, I don't buy it to be a walking advertisement for the brand though.
  • Options
    I wouldnt wear sonneti, fubu or what ever it is and that one with the rhino Echo is it? however i do dress down a bit (ALOT) when i go gym in my tracksuit bottoms.. shh dont tell any one :rolleyes: :p
    however i hate BENCH what a crap name
    i love furry clothes and pink clothes and jeans!
  • Options
    This is what actually gets to me. You play a sport or have a hobby/way of life and you wear musto, fred perry etc. and then all of a sudden it becomes trendy and then you're called a chav for wearing it. I don't think a lot of people realise how long some of these makes have been going for e.g fred perry, lloyd and stuff. Just because it becomes trendy chav chic doesn't take away that it's good quality gear.

I have some fred perry shirts that i used to use for netball/running about 7 years ago which i like and find comfy but now supposedly this is chav wear??

I just wear what i like and don't give two shits where it's from. If it says nike down one arm but i like the cut and the colour and it fits then so be it. Although to be honest i don't really go shopping on the high street as usually i'm down the horse or doing outdoor stuff (for which i don't need topshop ;) )
  • Options
    I think Superdry has some good stuff actually.
  • Options
    Carolina wrote:
    This is what actually gets to me. You play a sport or have a hobby/way of life and you wear musto, fred perry etc. and then all of a sudden it becomes trendy and then you're called a chav for wearing it. I don't think a lot of people realise how long some of these makes have been going for e.g fred perry, lloyd and stuff. Just because it becomes trendy chav chic doesn't take away that it's good quality gear.

I have some fred perry shirts that i used to use for netball/running about 7 years ago which i like and find comfy but now supposedly this is chav wear??

I just wear what i like and don't give two shits where it's from. If it says nike down one arm but i like the cut and the colour and it fits then so be it. Although to be honest i don't really go shopping on the high street as usually i'm down the horse or doing outdoor stuff (for which i don't need topshop ;) )

:yes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Smash wrote:
    Naffness.

:yes: I used to like Bench about 10 years ago. I've gone right off it now....I seen a girl with an out of proportion arse (still smaller than my arse mind!!) with Bench written all over it and it looked scary. I have a Bench bag which is dead handy but I'm ashamed of it now :(
  • Options
    who really gives a fuck as long as its comfortable and you like it?

I dont even pay attention, i used to be mr.fashion growing up, i still am i guess. But names do not carry style. As long as its a good price and looks decent then youre winning. I must say, i despise the shops that charge like 90 quid for a teeshirt, you know the kind with the laminate flooring, glass everywhere and fuckers for assisstants.

Pretencious morons.