Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My Cat Died

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
She died of cancer:crying: She had a tumour on her bladder & it sucked the life out of her. Her kidneys were also on the way out to.

She was diagnosed with it about 2 months ago & it was decided not to operate due to it being too risky because of her age(13 years old) & her dodgy internal organs.

She's buried in my garden now next to my doggy that died in Oct '03:(

R.I.P Thea

Everything just seems to be going so well for me @ the moment :impissed:

Comments

• Options
    Awww hugs.
  • Options
    im so sorry thats awful hugs
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that, it sucks when a pet dies. :(
  • Options
    Aww ya poor thing. I remember when I found my gerbil had died quite a few years ago. I cried all day, as I sooo loved my wee gerbil. Though people were soo mean and tried to take the piss out of me... little shites :(

Never had a cat or dog... so having a gerbil was a big thing for me. Rememeber I use to run home from school, just coldn't wait to see me gerbil. Called him Eric Cantona... hehe... shows how long ago that was.
  • Options
    Want mine? he's in good nick. Quite agile but he's a lazy shit. Just lies under the radiator all day. Loves a cuddle. he's 18 though. Can't wait til he snuffs it so i can get a dog.
  • Options
    awwwww, thats sad
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    Can't wait til he snuffs it so i can get a dog.

Well aren't you just a sweetie :o
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    Want mine? he's in good nick. Quite agile but he's a lazy shit. Just lies under the radiator all day. Loves a cuddle. he's 18 though. Can't wait til he snuffs it so i can get a dog.

in cat years he is 90 so tbh im not suprised all he does is lie under the radiator...

your so cruel :(
  • Options
    Aw i'm sorry :(

I was crushed when one of my dogs died a few months ago, she was only 9 and had a tumor on her spine that after time paralysed her legs and in the end she couldn't walk. But she left behind 2 great doggies (her kiddo's) that are still around, and i will be so gutted when they go (hopefully not for yearsandyearsandyears) i couldn't imagine never having a dog.

And Jazza, your so mean!
  • Options
    I am not mean! I'm not the greatest cat lover in the world. I wouldn't be cruel to one but I love dogs and the only reason we can't get one is because we have Tom. I'll be sad when he goes but he's had a good life.
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    I am not mean! I'm not the greatest cat lover in the world. I wouldn't be cruel to one but I love dogs and the only reason we can't get one is because we have Tom. I'll be sad when he goes but he's had a good life.

You know if you have the cat first, or get them both young then you can raise a cat and a dog together :thumb:
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    You know if you have the cat first, or get them both young then you can raise a cat and a dog together :thumb:
    Yeah but the cat was already quite old when we rescued him (he was going to be put in a home and put down due to lack of capacity)
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss :(
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I really feel sorry for you, loosing a pet is awful.

I still miss my cat, tbh.
  • Options
    i haven't had a pet in years but when my hamster died i was completely in tears...i was almost sure he was only hibernating...so yea i know what it feels like :(
  • Options
    Thanks for kind words:) Seems really odd @ feeding time waiting for all 3 to appear but only 2 do:(

I've got 2 other kitties so i'm not totally petless now but they're the same age as Thea which is quite worrying. Gabsy(short for Garibaldi) who is Thea's bro & then Lucky who was the only cat to survive from his litter(rest died of cat flu).
  • Options
    My BF's cat got run over on monday and I've got to take my cat to the vets today at 2pm. Its not a week for cats :(
  • Options
    Awwww its so sad to hear about your cat, it is awful when a pet dies, that hole it leaves is unbelievable, one of our dogs is an old girl now, cant imagine life without her.
    Never had a cat or dog... so having a gerbil was a big thing for me. Rememeber I use to run home from school, just coldn't wait to see me gerbil. Called him Eric Cantona... hehe... shows how long ago that was.

I had Eric Hamsterna, he was fab, sad day when he died.
  • Options
    My BF's cat got run over on monday and I've got to take my cat to the vets today at 2pm. Its not a week for cats :(
    She had to be put to sleep :(
  • Options
    sorry to hear that hun *hugs*
  • Options
    I'm gonna be gutted when my dogs die. We've had 1 of them since she was a puppy and the other for even longer. They're getting on a bit now, Mabel's 11 I th ink and Mollie's 10 in august.

I remember when my gerbils died, but I didn't mind 'cause I didn't really like them anyway. How horrible do I sound. :o :no:
  • Options
    regretful news .

Sorry :(
  • Options
    I am very sorry about your cat. I know exactly how you feel. My dog died on March 29th, I've had him since I was twelve - I'm twenty four now. It is very difficult to have a pet die, I'm still coping with Sammy's death. It's difficult but it does get better. My advice is to get out some pictures and just try to remember your cat when it was healthy. Like your cat, my dog was also sick before he died and it was difficult for me to watch him suffer - but the pictures of him when he was healthy really helped me realize that he doesn't hurt anymore. Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    Boo fucking hoo

No one gives a shit.
  • Options
    You're already banned mate, you should try harder to be more offensive.
  • Options
    tophizzle wrote:
    Boo fucking hoo

No one gives a shit.

actually if you read the post you'll see that people do! :razz:
  • Options
    Kid, theres bigger shit going on in the world than some punk ass buttfucking cockwhore crying like a little bitch because his pet died.
  • Options
    tophizzle wrote:
    Kid, theres bigger shit going on in the world than some punk ass buttfucking cockwhore crying like a little bitch because his pet died.

Never. :o

Have a nice life won't you.
  • Options
    Lost both cats in October and January, they had 18 years of life and I miss them so, so much. Even now it feels strange that neither of them come in to sit on my knee, or I see them stroll into the back garden to laze in the sunshine.

I understand what you're going through. It's a horrible experience losing something so close but it does get better.