Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

T-mobile Phone Bill... HELP!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For the last month of so my phone has been barred due to an unpaid bill. Cause of this I have been using my PAYG sim card in it instead hoping to pay of my phone later as I could not afford it at the time.

I have almost paid it all off until I recieved a bill today from them.
Apparently I owe now another £92.29 for something I have not used for the last 2 months. I haven't even had the chance to use my free minutes/texts as I never use that sim card anymore.

Please could anyone explain what the following charges are, as I don't understand where it all comes from.
Price plan and other - 9.16

Relax 200 (18) 21/4/05 to 20/5/05 24.68
Relax 200 (18) credit for suspension
5/4/05 to 20/4/05 cr 6.37
Total Price plan 18.31

Other Charges and Services

200 text messages 21/4/05 to 20/5/05 8.51
Total other charges and services 8.51

100% Text Discount 21/5/05 to 20/5/05 cr8.51
50% Price Plan Discount
5/4/05 to 20/4/05 3.19
50% Price Plan Discount
21/4/05 to 20/5/05 cr 12.34
Total Discounts cr 17.66

Calls and other usage

Standards Calls 00.00
Mobile data 71.09
Total other usage charges 71.09

Main one I do not understand is the Mobile Data, what the hell is that and how do they manage to work out that is how much I owe them.

If anyone knows how these monthly bills work, please help me as I am completely baffled by this.

I've already sent an e-mail to t-mobile and have tried to phone me a few times but I keep getting left on hold for ages that I just eventually give up on waiting.

Comments

• Options
    Mobile data I would think is GPRS access to the internet but I might be completely wrong.
  • Options
    That's what my brother said. But I'm still confused how they manages to charge me for something I never use as I keep the sim card in my drawer.
  • Options
    They have just got back to me, saying:
    Between 26th January and 28th February some GPRS charges were omitted from your
    bill. These charges have been identified and applied to your latest bill. These
    charges are for £71.09.

These charges are applicable to your account and represent charges that have
    been incurred through use of the T-Mobile network. Whilst we apologise for the
    delay in billing of these charges, they are charges that must be paid in line
    with T-Mobile's Terms and Conditions of Service.r

Though I am still baffled why they didn't say this int he first place within the last bill.

Has anyone ever had problems with t-mobile before?
  • Options
    When in doubt call them. You can not go wrong by doing it. Try to explain to them what you used the phone for, and always maintain your composure. They would much rather you pay them slowly, then not at all. So even though they seem stern, just keep calling them and working through the bill in an attempt to reduce it, and in an attempt to get more time to pay it off.
  • Options
    As a general rule it does take time for data charges and roaming charges to be added to bills, and this is stated in your contract.

If you cannot pay then talk to them, as they will be helpful. They want their money, and of course they'd rather have it now, but if you arrange a payment plan they will be happy with this if it is reasonable. If they take you to court the court will just impose a payment plan on you, and it is in their interests to stay out of court as it is cheaper for them.

Be aware, of course, that you will still be liable for monthly line rental regardless of whether or not you use the telephone and pay the bill.