Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Site gallery?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Would the request for a site gallery be allowed? I use another site that has the same set up and it has a gallery for user pictures, which can then be accessed through profiles. Would we be able to have this? So we can view the user anytime we wish.

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Not a bad idea... There's a picture thread in Introductions thought, it's just hard to find a specific person there (unless they post pictures often).
  • Options
    Yea, that's what i was thinking so i thought i would post this...The site gallery allows people to view pictures freely and it enables people to look directly at specific users pictures from the profile.
  • Options
    Someone has requested this before but it was turned down as there's no option for one but they did put option to link to pictures of each member in your profile.
  • Options
    Well i use another site that has the same set up as this forum..and they use a gallery :S
  • Options
    yes but people are free to post links to pictures in their signatures

if they choose not to then thats the problem
  • Options
    Well people don't necessarily have to have a picture, it's just an idea that would make it easier for people to show their picture without having to use a link.
  • Options
    yeah but not everyone can be arsed finding sites to host their photos and few people actually open links in sigs, well at least I presume most people don't cos I don't.
  • Options
    I think it would be a good idea, however I guess the option of linking is there if people want it..
  • Options
    if it is images of users hosted on this site then it begs a whole, thesite are very much more liable if the photos turn out to be dodgy

plus that means every user would have the oppertunity ot have a proper good quality picture, using up more resources etc
  • Options
    if people want their pic showing then they can have it in their avatar

as demonstrated by mrg and some others i cant remember...